Return to Index  

Serious quality issue.

April 10 2011 at 6:45 AM
joe  (Login genevajoe)
from IP address 82.43.133.149

I wonder if any other watch enthusiast out there has come across the problem with the PAM 183 winding rod coming out of the casing? My PAM 183 was bought brand new from Officine Panerai and after having it barely over a year, the winding rod came off in my hands as I was going to wind it up! I wrote to Panerai about it and they could offer no credible explanation as to why this happened. They suggested it may be due to it taking a knock. I have to say that I thought this laughable when Panerai are trading under their heritage of quality and durability associated with their original intended use for the military and indeed special forces. I have a Rolex Datejust stainless steel and white gold with Jubilee bracelet that I bought in 1986 and have never had any quality issues despite me wearing it every day since. (That was before alternating with my dubious quality Panerai). I have even been deep diving with my Rolex on numerous occasions and been engaged in many other activities that a lesser watch would have shuddered at. I have to say I am very surprised and disappointed both in my Panerai's quality and the attitude of Panerai customer service. I would be interested if anyone could share similar experiences in the interests of transparency.

Respond to this message   
Responses