Return to Index  

P-DAY#10.1

November 7 2011 at 12:21 AM

(Login VolkerWiegmann)
Advisor
from IP address 203.39.185.67

Hi all,

i'll start my personal p-day report from paradise, trying to put some words to the photos which speak for themselves. Just one word: fantastic!

[linked image]
getting my gear ready on monday, october 31st. Excitement was off the roof... YOUBET happy.gif

[linked image]
had a fantastic 11 hour flight with Lufthansa's "big bird" A380 which delivered me to Singapore airport. Huge one that is, like a city itself...! I arrived in the afternoon there. Luckily I found some hours of sleep, together with the adrenaline overdose I was in good mode.

[linked image]
Had about 4 hours until the trip continued with Singapore Airlines. Next stop: DOWN UNDER!!!

[linked image]
Touchdown Brisbane early morning after an 8 hour flight. It was wednesday morning DU, so the entire tuesday was gone for travelling, but who cares when you can realize a long lasted dream...

[linked image]
Another short stop at Brisbane domestic airport before leaving to Hamilton Island flying Virgin Blue... I met the Wittenbergs at the domestic airport and later during the flight to Hamo, I noticed that the Conways were on the same way too.. how cool is that?

[linked image]
...arrived in paradise.

[linked image]

well... this was a moment I was waiting for 6 years. I know Hammer since the early days in paneristi.com and met Hammer in person back in 2005 when he came to Germany for P-DAY in Frankfurt. It was about time to meet again... a moment I will never forget. I will carry this moment forever with me.

(thanks Gary, for capturing that very moment)

[linked image]

What a welcome. Yes, the biff is back! Hagen, Gary and Hammer were waiting for us at the Hamilton Island airport. Great to see these mates again.

[linked image]

[linked image]
Am I dreaming? No, its paradise. View from my room to catseye beach.... wow!

[linked image]
THE MAN himself. Meeting at the hotel bar for a chat. This time a REAL chat. Face to face. It became real...

Photobucket

Eddie's cute daughter Elodie. After my daughter Emily saw Eddie's posting about her new room with the graffiti done by the melbourne artist, she decided to make her a little gift in shape of a handmade teddybear - of course it had to be a pink one... wink.gif

[linked image]

1-800 ASK GARY on duty.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]
After a little break I went out for a little walk to the beach which was right infront of the hotel. What a stunning place this is...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]
In the evening we went to the viewpoint called One Tree Hill for catching the first sunset in paradise. Eddie: it was a pleasure to finally meet you in person!

[linked image]

[linked image]
First dinner together with other early arrivals in the hotel. Luke, Geoff and some others on the table. Know them for a long time from the forum, now finally at the same table.

Thanks for looking. To be continued.
Volker

representin' the DNA of Panerai

Respond to this message   
Responses