Return to Index  

My desert island dream by Olster from Germany :-)

January 23 2012 at 11:45 AM

(Login owenkel)
from IP address 80.132.250.175

DID german style

Half a year ago I this guy Nacho from Spain at the Nürburgring here in Germany. He said: Ey, you come over to sunny Valencia and visit me.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

I SAID: NACHO! Not this guy, he knocks on doors at 4 a.m.

Ahhh, better...

Well, after some months of cold and rainy weather here in the center of Germany, I decided to travel to Valencia. Unfortunatly all flights were booked out, so I decided to take the ship. Bad idea.
I travelled to Hamburg

to departure from there.

Soon after we left Hamburg habour a storm came up.

Not much to see.

Ship sinking : washed ashore,10 items

2 Watches
2 songs
1 movie
1 book
1 memory
1 meal
1 drink
1 photograph
1 person

First watch, my much beloved and treasured 360

Second, I need a watch for daily use in sand and water. The G-Shock

Thank god my iphone survived, but all I found were two songs and a movie on it.

I love music. I have tons of CDs of all kind. From Classical to Heavy Metal. I thought it would have been a tough choice, but to my surprise it wasn´t.

First song, from the only singer I really, really admire. Not only for his music but also for the man he was. Unfortunatly I discoverd him in my mid 30s, after he died. So I wasn´t able to see him live.
The man in black. Johnny Cash.

This is a german DID, right. So second song from a german band, almost 20 years old now, but still one of my favorites. For your listening pleasure with german subtitles happy.gif

Die Ärzte - Zu Spät

I also love movies, and I love the Cohen Brothers. I own almost all of their movies. But for me one is outstanding and it´s NOT The Big Lebowski.

I chose O Brother Where Art thou
An unbelievebalegreat story with George Clooney at his best

One book. My choice Robert Harris - Pompeji. Awesome book, great story about the last day of Pompeji with a lot of historic background. The story begins two days before the first eruption. The Aqua Augusta no longer supplies water to the gulf of Naples and Marius Attilius Primus tries to repair the aqueduct and starts to relize whats going on Not only Harris describes the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, he also gives a good description of the town and all its luxury. It´s a great mixture between history and fiction.

One memory

Thats a no brainer. The birth of my first daughter Emily in 2007. This is and always will be the happiest day in my life. I remember every single moment of the birth and how tiny and small she was. It was like six in the morning when I called my parents to tell them, they are grandparents again. I wasn´t able to speak a single word.

One meal

I´m a fool for italian food. Some many great meals, pizza, all kinds of pasta, bistecca fiorentina, seafood and so on. But I always start with the same course:

Insalata caprese. So simple, so good! Only mozzarella, fresh tomatos, prociutto di parma and basil. This one here we had while in Firenze for pday 8.

One drink

I love beer. Typical for a german right? But I choose a beer from Austria (well, actually brewed in Germany for some reason, but anyway).
This one here is from the Austrian town of *******, called ******* Hell (a pun, hell means in german light beer)

[linked image]

One photograph

Another no brainer, a photo of my two daughters Emily and Anabelle, taken three monts ago in kindergarden. Both are so adorable and gorgeous. Nothing better in life, you bet.

One person

Also very simple. The love of my live, my wife Heike. She is the best example why we call our wifes better halves because she really is. Everyone who knows her, will agree with me. She is everything I am not: Warm, friendly, a real positive person and pretty too

Ooooops...

Rules for responders : just post your name underneath . Prepare your script do not post it, I will pick someone to post next monday tomorrow evening (european time)

Oliver
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfahlen, Germany

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Paneristiadmin from IP address 119.59.82.146 on Jan 23, 2012 1:24 PM
This message has been edited by Paneristiadmin from IP address 119.59.82.146 on Jan 23, 2012 1:23 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses