Return to Index  

Question - What which one??

February 17 2012 at 1:34 PM
Sachin  (Login SachinG)
from IP address 66.11.68.145

Good day all:

A few years back I bought a 111 and just recently I was lucky enough to get a 372.... I love both watches!! Love Panerai happy.gif

When I bought my 111..... my good friend saw it and hated it LOL!!! He hated Panerai.... the simple dial, the crown guard... poor guy just didn't get it happy.gif........

Fast forward to about last year..... something happened... I don't know if he fell off the bed and hit his noggin on the floor or what.... LOL... but now he loves Panerai, and is lusting for his first!!

He says - that he is going to do his research and buy only one (yeah right...another common mistake... one right LOL)..... anyways I am telling him "if he buys one and only one" it should be a manual wind.....cause to me......

Panerai = Manual Wind.

He already has autos in his collection and if he wants something different... a manual wind no date... base kind of watch would be great happy.gif..... I told him winding it is a great feeling.... LOL its like you are giving your watch life happy.gif

So I think after much discussion: he has narrowed it down to two:

312 ... which I think is great... in house; date, auto ..44mm its a sharp looking watch happy.gif

390....(if he can get it) ... I am telling him to go for this one... because there are some around still... gold hands on brown dial...44mm..closed back... you can't beat it!!!

I got him out of the I hate Panerai phase but now he is kind of stuck on the notion of in-house LOL...... I am trying to get him to think outside the box LOL...... I think if I were in the same situation.... I would take the 390 .....6 days out of 7....on the 7th day I would take the 312....LOL I told him to buy both ...problem solved happy.gif

So friends.....which one should my novice friend go after???

Sachin

Respond to this message   
Responses