Day 1 as a new Paneristi.... My new 312!March 8 2012 at 10:32 PM
|Blake (Login cbh1011)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Many thanks to Bruce and Donna, and a llittle patience, I arrived home after a business trip to find it waiting.... My new 312n.
Can't tell you how excited I was to strap that baby on my wrist.
Now, I needed to change straps to my XL Jules Verne... Easy enough. Then, after negotiating with the buckle a bit (I need some counsel on how to get the darn screw out far enough to pull out the bar!).... There she was.
I think I may check the time every 10 seconds.
Love the beauty, the classic lines, of the 1950 312. In my mind, the perfect watch for me - clear back, internal movement, date and seconds, ability to add a steel bracelet later if I so choose. I'm giddy. And to think I was so close for my first luxe watch in buying an Omega Big Ocean. Still like their look..... But when I saw a Panerai on a co-workers wrist.... It was like seeing the Farrah poster as a teen for the first time. Instantly smitten.
Thanks for letting me share and cheers to the rest of you passionate enough to precede me!
PS - If I figure out how to add a photo of my beauty, I will do so.
- welcome!! Here is a link to help you with pics.... - mike2zero on Mar 8, 2012, 10:44 PM
- blake, welcome to the madness and enjoy - dp on Mar 8, 2012, 10:49 PM
- Congrats and welcome m8! nt - Phuman on Mar 8, 2012, 10:51 PM
- Attempt at pix of my new 312 - Blake on Mar 8, 2012, 10:52 PM
- Well Done. Congrats - Barry on Mar 8, 2012, 11:06 PM
- Congrats fella, looks lovely on a JV, great watch!!! nt - Paul190H on Mar 8, 2012, 11:16 PM
- A lot of new 312 owners here, including myself. Awesome! - Jim on Mar 8, 2012, 11:57 PM
- Big congrats!!! Looks great! - Michael M. on Mar 8, 2012, 11:57 PM
- Follow up - Pix of new Pammie 312 - Blake on Mar 9, 2012, 12:51 AM
- Congrats and welcome! [nt] - Jim (time4me) on Mar 9, 2012, 2:04 AM
- Hey brother - Russ on Mar 9, 2012, 3:49 AM
- Congrats and quite the coincidence! - Eric Skier on Mar 9, 2012, 8:13 AM
- Congrats Blake! - Shella on Mar 9, 2012, 9:39 AM
- Good for you! - JD on Mar 10, 2012, 12:39 AM