Return to Index  

OT: New watch.............some pics

March 11 2012 at 12:38 PM

Eric from London  (Login EricSenna)
from IP address 213.107.190.172

AP launched three all new 44mm Royal Oak Offshore's a few months back. I've seen and tried on the steel and gold versions they looked great apart from the contrasting sub dials which I'm not a big fan of. Everything else about the watches was stunning. Until a few days ago I was yet to see the Forged Carbon model in the flesh. Unfortunately for me I got a call from one of my dealers who just got one in. I knew I had to have it as soon as I picked it up. I can't remember the last time I liked a watch this much. It's just amazing to wear. Light (but not too light), with a solid feel and super comfortable, it seems to just wrap itself around the wrist.

The fit, finish and overall quality is just top drawer. Everything about it oozes class. Materials used in the forged carbon model really look great together too. Case is a whole block of forged carbon which has a lovely smooth warm feel and looks like a mixture of marble and metal which constantly looks different depending on the light. Ceramic bezel, ceramic pushers and winder. Beaded titanium pusher surrounds, brushed titanium pusher edges, buckle, strap links and back. White gold hands and indices.

Please excuse the poor quality iphone shots. I'll try and take better pics during the week. I wish Martin was here to take pictures of this piece as it's just stunning in the flesh.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]