As many of you already know, once a year I take a little motorcycle adventure...this year I couldn't decide which ride I wanted to take.
The 3 choices were:
1. The USA Four Corners Ride (the 4 remote corners of the lower 48 states, Key West, Fl, San Ysidro Ca, Blaine Wa, Matawaska, Me)
2. 10 National Parks of the Southwest and Northwest (from Big Bend Nat'l Park in Tx to Joshua Tree in Ca, to the Northern Cascades Nat'l Park in Wa)
3. Ride from Denville, NJ (home) to Anchorage or Fairbanks Alaska and back for the 5th time
I'm going to be 60 this year, I thought "what the hell, I'll do them all at the same time" ...God willing
Below is the proposed route, with exceptions of course.
1. Denville, NJ - (I-95 south to Hwy 1)
2. Key West, FL - (Hwy 1N Hwy 41W to I-75N to I-10W to I-8W)
3. San Ysidro, CA - (I-5N to Hwy 101 Oregon /Washington coast)
4. Blaine, WA - (North to Vancouver, 99N, 97N, to Dawson Creek, Alberta, Can)
5. Anchorage, AK - (The Alaska/Canadian Hwy N into Alaska)
6. Montreal, CAN - (AlCan Hwy S to Dawson Creek, Alberta to CAN 16E to CAN 1E to Montreal)
7. Matawaska, ME- (CAN 20E to CAN 2E into Maine)
"The ride you're ready for is the ride that will show up"
Estimated mileage; 14,000+/-
Riding hours: 270 hours
If you find yourself along the route, please feel free to email me and if I can, maybe we'll have a cup of coffee together along the way.
Life's an adventure...this isn't a dress rehearsal..
"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Richardson Hwy, Valdez, Alaska-- The Brooks Range via Dalton Hwy Alaska--Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse Arctic Ocean Alaska--Dawson Cr, Mile Marker '0' Alaska Canadian Hwy Alberta Canada--Yukon Territory, Al Can Highway--Crossing the Yukon River via The George Black Ferry from Dawson City--Poker Creek, population 2, furthest northern border crossing in Alaska. The Forty Mile River Region/Top Of The World Highway
This message has been edited by FrankV1 from IP address 18.104.22.168 on Mar 25, 2012 9:56 PM