Return to Index  

Hard choice but...... the 339

April 14 2012 at 3:09 PM
LDP  (Login LDP06)
from IP address 98.242.225.87

Response to A boring(?) "which one" question: 249 or 339

I have the good fortune to own both, a 249 and a 339. Besides being 47mm Radiomirs and SE's, they are quite different from each other. As far as value, I don't believe the 249 will take a hit but we have to wait to prove that one. Most people who have a 249 do for its simplicity and that Cali dial. It's engraving of Opus Facere is insightful and meaningful. I'm not sure what Vintage is meant to represent on the 448.

Having said all that, I go back to value. I believe the 339 is a future grail and if your speaking of similar costs to acquire either one, the 339 is the clear choice in my opinion. Although this watch bosts many features that are uniquely combined, it's subtleness impresses me everytime I wear it. And may I say it wears so lightly that you may forget your wearing anything at all.

At the end of the day it's what you want. I hope you've had the opportunity to see both in person and try them on. One of the two should have pained you to take off and return, that's the one for you.

-LDP

Respond to this message   
Responses