Return to Index  

OT: Family holiday and the first trip for the P-Day Seiko>>>

May 5 2012 at 10:29 AM
Jason  (Login kiwisd)
from IP address 61.126.190.131

Took the opportunity to take the family to Okinawa for a few days... a welcome break from work and a chance for a change of scenery...

The post is for you Hammer --> hope you are on the mend soon buddy!! Also looking forward to some pics with your new "toys"... too bad these are only iPhone pics... sad.gif

Every journey starts at the beginning... waiting to board the plane... score!! they upgraded us on the way down... good start...
[linked image]

First stop... Churaumi Sea Aquarium about 70 minutes drive north from Naha and the airport... holds the record for the largest viewing window of an aquarium...
[linked image]
Various sea turtles... and a lionfish...
[linked image]
And a closer look at that top pic... beautiful creatures...
[linked image]
A bit of watch content... the P-Day Seiko and some local flora...
[linked image]
[linked image]
Stopped in for some local noodles on the way back - soki soba... not my cuppa but my daughter really likes them... the pork is soft as butter...
[linked image]
Day 2 and the kids kryptonite... the POOL!!!! A few snaps poolside, lunch... and what happens when you go hard at it and the batteries run down... yes, that is Taylor asleep... in the pool...
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
Okinawa is famous for Ryuku glass... my wife loves this stuff... and watch out, it is expensive!!
[linked image]
My wife and daughter tried their hand at making their own glasses... not a bad result... L (Soko) / R (Suzuna)
[linked image]
Visitied the local Ryuku village to experience local culture... quite a blast...
L to R: "Shisa" the guardian lions; Taylor ready to go; family shot
[linked image]
Clockwise L to R: the show; our turn!!; with one of the drummers
[linked image]
[linked image]
Suzuna and Taylor trying their hand at making plates...
[linked image]
Food was great all around... first, a restaurant we always go to... great traditional Okinawan food, local shochu "Awamori", and "Habu-shu" - which is alcohol with a whole viper in the mix...
[linked image]
[linked image]
Tacos on the last night... downed with the local beer "Orion"...
[linked image]
And finished off with umi-budo ice cream... umi-budo (direct translation - sea grapes) I like by themselves but the ice cream I can't really recommend...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caulerpa_lentillifera
[linked image]
Meet a few of the locals...
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
Sunsets weren't bad either...
Clockwise L to R: Sunset; Suzuna and Soko above the beach; inside the hotel; welcome drink - again awamori base...
[linked image]
Final evening sunset... memory shot...
[linked image]
And everything must come to an end... time to go...
[linked image]
[linked image]
Anti-clockwise from top L: Mum on the phone... looks like I left all the gifts at the hotel... not happy; getting the supplies in before take off; the 777-300 to take us home...
[linked image]
Back home and settled in with still one day left before heading back to work... the dog was happy to see us of course...
[linked image]
Well, hope you enjoyed the pics... the Seiko spent alot of time in the water and not a problem... not that I was expecting one anyway!!

Cheers, Jason

Respond to this message   
Responses