Return to Index  

GTG Tokyo (The Eric Version)

May 19 2012 at 1:10 AM

(Login TokyoSkier)
from IP address 202.249.50.60

First, I have to apologize for the quality of my pics. I forgot my camera at home and had to resort to my iPad. What I lack in picture quality, I will try to make up for in witty subtitles. wink.gif

Enjoy!

BTW, as my second GTG, it was great to meet some new faces and some amazing watches! I always love reading about the history of Panerai and am always grateful to Asi and the others for the wonderful posts especially at the Paneristi Officine forum here at P.com.

First here are some pieces from one TokyoRisti:

Photobucket

And here is a little "before" and "after" comparing the original with the modern take:

Photobucket

and some tukus shots

Photobucket

And the full Monty:

Photobucket

Never expected to see a PAM in Saran wrap - but there was a very good reason for this:

Photobucket

Evidently this is how they did it back in the day - not 100% sure but that is what I was told:

Photobucket

Then there was a real treat - a ROLEX!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have read about them and seen the amazing prices they fetch - but to have been able to see one, take its pic, and hold it - what a feeling!! And the owner said he wore this to work on many an occasion and no one has any idea what it is or what it is worth. Thought that was interesting!

Evidently this is a prototype:

Photobucket

thus the need to keep it extra safe.

Photobucket

Of course Panerai is more than just watches! Here are the "usual suspects" as Dan called them:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a pic of Dan taking a pic - sorry for the "fuz," let's say I was trying to be artsy. wink.gif

Photobucket

Anyway, enough of people, back to the watches! And there were some intriguing similarities to be found! Hey, am I seeing double??

Photobucket

Yup! We got ourselves a 4 deuces! Wish I had four deuces my last time in Vegas!!! wink.gif

On a side note, had to laugh when Dan mentioned that his 22 was also #22. And then when he checked his bag in at the door, he was given #22 as a check claim number. Dan and 22 - sounds like the making of a Hollywood movie in there somewhere! wink.gif

And another "before/after" for you:

Photobucket

Look at that!

Photobucket

Was standing there soaking in the atmosphere and two of the Ristis started spitting into the palm of their hands and then turning the back of their watches - was wondering WTH?! Then wallah!

Photobucket

And whatever you do, don't lose this!

Photobucket

Yep, put that back where it belongs!

Photobucket

Got a mini table shot or two to share:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Again?! What's with the 2s?! There were, in fact, three 22s that evening. Guess they are popular here in Japan. happy.gif

And that's about it as I had to go home - gotta work this Saturday morn. sad.gif But I had a wonderful time, met more gr8 m8s and got to see some amazing historical pieces, too! Missed out on the cold beer after, but there will always be another GTG!

And, of course, a shout out to Nozawa-san and the Ginza boutique for organizing this wonderful event! Look forward to the next time! happy.gif

Thanks for reading,

E

Respond to this message   
Responses