Return to Index  

Geeday Ray >>

May 20 2012 at 9:47 PM

Hammer  (Login HammerHammer)
High Heid Yin
from IP address 60.226.140.109

Response to How do you age a strap artificially?

Mate I used a bunch of different techniques (or torture more like) involved immersing the strap in heated salt water for an extended time , then with a micro motor and a felt polishing wheel I polished the edges of the strap to kind of make small pearls from the canvas edges , then I used a corse wheel to rough the edges slightly , and again a polish on the trailing and leading edges to keep the rough look only on the very acute angles of the edges , more soaking under water but on the watch with a watch winder head spring holder to keep pressure streaching the strap into shape !

Then with the buckle I luster polished & bevelled the edges to round em out a bit and high polished the flat surface for some bling wink.gif

It's absolute madness I know but hey , if the shoe fits wink.gifwink.gif

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image]
[linked image]
Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This message has been edited by HammerHammer from IP address 149.135.145.44 on May 21, 2012 1:01 AM

Respond to this message