OT: You would think Richard Mille would have learned their lesson with Nadal ...June 12 2012 at 7:16 PM
wheaton26 (Login wheaton26)
from IP address 18.104.22.168
Nadal reports luxury watch stolen
UPDATED JUN 12, 2012 12:54 PM ET
A day after making history by winning his seventh French Open title, Rafael Nadal awoke Tuesday in Paris to discover a watch worth $374,000 had been stolen, Le Parisien newspaper reported.
The watch, which Nadal was wearing after his victory Monday, was lent to the Spanish tennis sensation by the luxury brand Richard Mille for the competition.
Nadal discovered the watch was missing when he woke up at his central Paris hotel, according to Le Parisien. The theft was reported as soon as it was discovered, and police were investigating.
Nadal defeated Serbia's Novak Djokovic in four sets in the rain-hit final, which saw the Spaniard eclipse the six French Open titles of Bjorn Borg.
- riiiight - peezie on Jun 12, 2012, 8:14 PM
- Geez... - JeremyKS (Louisiana) on Jun 13, 2012, 4:02 AM
- Re: OT: You would think Richard Mille would have learned their lesson with Nadal ... - Luigi on Jun 13, 2012, 5:12 AM
- RM would even be glad.... - Motegi on Jun 13, 2012, 6:06 AM
- Thank goodness......... - Rapers on Jun 13, 2012, 8:56 AM
- If it had been purchased with his money.... - Linford Toy on Jun 13, 2012, 12:24 PM
- They found it... - roman on Jun 13, 2012, 2:00 PM
- Re: OT: You would think Richard Mille would have learned their lesson with Nadal ... - Geoff on Jun 13, 2012, 2:32 PM