Return to Index  

What happens when a few Jersey boys, NY Ristis and some out of towners meet...

July 10 2012 at 9:20 PM

(Login jcatral14)
from IP address 68.196.73.26

A GTG of course happy.gif This one was a lil more special as it was also Eng's send off party, of sorts.

Horace is staying at a relative's place here in Jersey so I asked him to just meet me and we'll drive in together. Traffic was non-existent for a Monday afternoon heading into the city so we were at Eng's place a full hour before official start time. Ooops.

[linked image]

Looks like no one's here

[linked image]

Except this lady playing the violin. Eng? "Down here!" Ah, he must be getting ready for his cross continent adventure.

[linked image]

I follow his voice and make it to his workshop...

[linked image]

I find Eng and he tells me, "I think I'll take this watch with me on my trip."

[linked image]

I said, "The Bronzo??? No, take this old thing instead. The Bronzo is too precious to take on a rough trip."

[linked image]

Eng said, "Sure but what strap am I going to use with it?" I suggested let's eat first and we can decide later when our blood chemistry is more stable. The wine and trail mix weren't cutting it.

[linked image]

These two guys wanted to come along but kept looking at the time and decided to pass. They might make it to a future GTG...

[linked image]

We make it to the restaurant and proceed to perform a Bronzo head count...

[linked image]

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

[linked image]

I had an opportunity to try Steve's 339. I'm starting to get over the weight issue, lol. Gorgeous piece happy.gif

[linked image]

Then we settled down for some dinner and chit chat. Food was great and came in waves. Luke took a special liking to the tofu dish. Might have to get him a manziere or is it a bro?

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Then our emcee broke out the raffle tickets....

[linked image]

To raffle this off!!! Wagner was really nice to bring one of his creations to give away happy.gif))))))) Thanks again Wagner!!!!

[linked image]

The winning ticket? crosses fingers

[linked image]
[linked image]

Drum roll

[linked image]

And the winner is....Horace!!!!

[linked image]
[linked image]

That case was sealed TIGHT! LOL

[linked image]

Let's get another round of drinks, this could take a while...

[linked image]

Almost there...

[linked image]

Finally! After we manage to get a pair of industrial bolt cutters aka scissors...

[linked image]
[linked image]

Congrats Horace! A very nice addition to your display case happy.gif

[linked image]
[linked image]

With the baker from Brazil and now also known as the sculptor from Brazil happy.gif

[linked image]

You know what's next...table shot! Or in this case a tray shot wink.gif

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Eng serving dessert or more appropriately, eye candy...

[linked image]

Eng, have a great trip!
Luke, thanks for emceeing last night.
Matt, nice meeting you.
Wagner, great meeting you. Thanks for an awesome giveaway! Enjoy the rest of your stay in NYC!
Ken, great meeting another SG risti (by way of Pittsburgh). Have fun on your vaca and say hi to the SG crew for me.
Vic, it was a pleasure meeting you. I'll have to drop by your bar one of these hot days happy.gif
Ned, good to see you again. I'll keep in touch.
Tony, Eric, Steve we should do this more often. Or maybe I should join you guys more often happy.gif
Horace, have fun at Hershey today. Hope to see you this weekend.

If you made it this far, thanks for looking happy.gif

GTGs are always fun as you get to meet old friends and make new ones. Last night was no exception. I'm looking forward to the next one.

[linked image]

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses