Pam 005 minor defect_Opinions neededAugust 9 2012 at 2:24 AM
|jasonmhg (Login jasonmhg)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
This is the first time I post something on the forum. I have been following your conversations for the last 3 years. Your photos and posts made me want to discover Panerai and own a Panerai myself.
I recently bought a brand new Pam 005. It is a great watch and I love it.
However, I have a small issue and I would like to have your opinions on it.
After wearing my 005 for a few days, I have noticed that there is a slight imperfection on the small seconds hand. A very tiny speck of paint is protruding from the hand. It is a very minor defect and it is not easy to see the first time. However, once you get to know the watch very well, it can be annoying.
I am thinking of sending the watch back to Panerai to get the seconds hand replaced. However, I don't know if it is a good idea. They will have to open and dismantle the watch and this might cause more issues. Also, the AD might thing that I am a difficult client since the problem is very very minor.
I am not an OCD person and I am usually quite easy going. But this small matter is just too hard to ignore and it prevents me from enjoying my 005.
It is not the end of the world and this is just....a watch. But it is my dream watch and I have been waiting for so long before I could get it.
What would you advise me to do ? Get it fixed or live with it ?
Did you ever have similar problems with your watches before ? How did you deal with it ?
Thanks a lot for your help
- Is it possible to see a pic? nt - Will on Aug 9, 2012, 2:51 AM
- You've bought a $5k watch and deserve the perfect one - Luciano Chao on Aug 9, 2012, 2:59 AM
- Jason were do u live mate ? (nt) - Hammer on Aug 9, 2012, 3:08 AM
- Hi Jason - - Richard on Aug 9, 2012, 3:16 AM
- Re: Pam 005 minor defect_Opinions needed - bennie on Aug 9, 2012, 3:22 AM
- Don't even think twice... - Christofer on Aug 9, 2012, 5:18 AM
- Absolutely get it fixed!!! - Aaron Murphy on Aug 9, 2012, 2:08 PM