Return to Index  

Some pics of my new (to me) 339 and a shoe change...

August 29 2012 at 2:18 AM

Jay  (Login jcatral14)
from IP address 68.196.73.26

So after having missed out on a few pieces I was kind of a bit disappointed and started to contemplate what my options were. Then one morning while filling up on 86 regular it hit me...

[linked image]

The issues I have read and seen in pics didn't frighten me. These "defects" were few and far in between and I have complete confidence in OP doing the right thing should I unluckily wind up with one of these "unique" pieces. The brown alternative material casing was calling out to me. The 47mm size, 8 day movement and Marina Militare was just too much to resist.

The problem was there were no more to be had from the boutiques (my bro ZZ proved otherwise wink.gif ). My only option was to hit the secondary market but there was always the threat of being ripped off or having the watch completely misrepresented and a myriad other scary scenarios. Undaunted I posted a WTB at the CM. Lemme tell you, it actually works! And after a few emails I landed myself a safe queen happy.gif)))))

[linked image]

But of course, like a true Risti, a shoe change is mandatory. So after a few emails to a friend in Napa this arrived today...

[linked image]

[linked image]

A few wrist shots...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Now I think I need a French painted ammo strap...LOL. Thanks for making it this far.

Cheers!

-Jay in Northern NJ happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses