Return to Index  

P-DAY#11.1

October 1 2012 at 10:06 PM

Volker Wiegmann  (Login VolkerWiegmann)
Advisor
from IP address 87.150.170.45

Hello all,

returned back home from a wonderful trip to London. This time it was a special, because for the firts time my girls were with me on a P-Day - some kind of a "premiere" for me! happy.gif

First I wanted to congratulate the P-Day organizers for their fantastic job.
Great locations for more than 170 people... wow. Organized some p-days in the past, I remember the months and weeks we spent for setting up many things. What the UK crew set up was incredible. Hats off and thanks for all your work to let us have such a good time!

Thursday started early with a short meeting at the Frankfurt Airport with Asi.
He had a connecting flight to Birmingham - DBA was calling. A few hours later, in the early afternoon, I returned to the airport, this time with the family, for jumping over to the United Kingdom - first time (it was on my "to do list" for many years - and being a paneristi made it became real!)

[linked image]

3646 - my gear for the P-Day weekend.

[linked image]

Anything went very smooth with the flight and very soon later we arrived at Heathrow Airport. We decided to pre-order tickets for the Heathrow Express, which runs every 15 minutes to Paddington. After that, the underground delivered us quickly to our hotel in Westminster district / St. James's Park.

[linked image]

Only a footstep away: Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and London Eye were the first sightseeing attractions we spotted on this thursday afternoon.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Military tradition can be found on many places across London. Very touching monument:

[linked image]

After our walk along the Thames we passed Westminster Abbey in wonderful colors:

[linked image]

Friday morning - the 12th birthday of my daughter Emily. She was thrilled to visit London, as she likes english class very much. She read alot about London in her school books and we were glad to get her a day off from school.

[linked image]

On her "wish list" was a visit at Madame Tussauds (thanks Ron for helping us with the tickets!). I took the chance to check out the gear of Mr. Bond (James Bond)...

[linked image]

Yours truly Spiderman - no idea who was the dude on the right wink.gif

[linked image]

Soon after I went down from the ceiling we walked along the famous Baker Street to reach Oxford Street and the area around. South Molton Street a very nice corner:
[linked image]

My fuel: Espresso!

[linked image]

Marion and Ralf were around in the same area and stepped into the coffee shop to say hello.

[linked image]

Next on our list: Covent Garden. Freemasons Hall a quite impressive building, as London has so many of this caliber...

[linked image]

Soon later we found a little paneristi group at The Market: Polleke, Flipper, J-F and Ron.

[linked image]

Just a quick check Iron Rangers united!

[linked image]

Unfortunately I didnt took photos of the Panerai Event in Soho. It was very exciting to see so many paneristi there and Id like to thank all those who gave my wife and daughter a warm welcome. Very sad now to notice that there wasnt time enough to catch up with everyone. So many paneristi at one place which I didnt see before, but knowing them for years. Thats always very special. I wish there would have been more time... doh!

The P-Day organizers got my daughter a wonderful birthday gift and all attendees were singing her a happy birthday. Pity that I didnt captured this moment with my own camera, but we will never forget this for sure. Thank you all!

Later in the Union Club, Hammers special watch was showed around to the p-day members. After following his postings here at paneristi.com it was very nice to see it on the flesh, live and direct.

[linked image]

Party on!

[linked image]

Thanks for looking that far and stay tuned for 11.2
Volker

representin' the DNA of Panerai

Respond to this message   
Responses