Return to Index  

PDay - London - What I Remember (No joke, probably best to restart your computer first)

October 5 2012 at 3:59 AM

Eddie Sanchez  (Login ERSanchez)
Paneristi
from IP address 76.183.110.93

Wow, PDay was incredible! Sure, it has come and gone, but the memories will definitely last a lifetime!
There is absolutely no way I will not fall short in posting what an incredible time it was. And everyone has already done such a spectacular job in recapping the events of the last week (I still have to go back and read most of them!). But nevertheless, here is my version, in my true "holy crap, that is one long post" style! wink.gif

Just a quick disclaimer..I've posted way too many photos. Some might say even repetitive photos. But the way I look at it, what harm does an extra photo do here or there? Now, if I do crash our computerI am truly sorry. But what good is a photo if you don't share it, right? wink.gif

As usual, my PDay weekend started with a trip to the airport. If there is one thing I was not looking forward to is the 10+ hour flight to London. But fortunately my flight left at 9pm, so my goal was to sleep for most of the flight.

[linked image]

Unfortunately, my "my space" view wasn't as nice or roomy as Nad's usual flying space! But then again, I'm not a very tall person. If there is one time being short pays off, this must be it? wink.gif

[linked image]

After a quick trip (or so it felt like after sleeping for 7 hours of the long flight) across the pond, I was in London. And this is exactly what I had expected to see..rain.

[linked image]

I didn't mind. After all..I had officially started my PDay week in London! And the first thing on my to-do list was now in progress..meet up with Bernie and Jose at the airport. happy.gif And after a few text-tag messages, my first PDay accomplices were located!

First Jose..

[linked image]

.then Bernie! happy.gif

[linked image]

And soonwe were off! Gotta get our home base location in order so we can lighten the load.

[linked image]

[linked image]

A quick shout out to my main man, Jose.I have to admit, he was my compass. I didn't realize how heavily I was leaning on him until he left on Sunday...and Bernie too! All I can say, thank God Bernie stayed behind for a couple days longer, or I would have really felt lost.

[linked image]

Soon we arrived at the hotel, The Grovesnor, which was very nice. But, it had to have been one of the most confusing hotels to navigate your way around. We stayed on the 5th floor, which was found on the 4th floor, and you had to take the elevator on the left, and whatever you do, don't take the staircase to nowhere.because you will end up nowhere. LOL! Oh well, after a few days I was able to find our room within 15 minutes. wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

And just my luck, I found this in the safe in the room! wink.gif

[linked image]

Ok, just kidding. It was one of the gems that Bernie brought with her. And it's a real looker!

Wednesday night quickly came and we were off to meet GUSH and the gang to have some dinner. This was my first example of eating one's weight in food at PDay. Geez, the food kept rolling in! It was easy to see GUSH wasn't going to let anyone leave hungry. And if anyone did, it was probably because they had passed out from the booze and had slid under the table. wink.gif

[linked image]

Finally got to meet some Risti's face to face for the first time and some in a long time!

Yeu Huan and Ned in Da House! happy.gif

[linked image]

Definitely a night full of food, drink, friends and grails!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Compared to all the nights that were soon to follow, Wednesday night was rather calm (before the storm). But it was clear to see the quality of attendee's the week was going to offer. Every where I looked was someone that I either wanted to meet for a long time, or someone I had not seen for a long time, or a new face that was a pleasure meeting. And this was only my Day 1. happy.gif

[linked image]

Thursday morning had arrived at it was time to head to meet the gang and tour bus to take us to the DBA (Dirty Duck). Although the trip was a couple hours long, with a crowd like this, time flew by!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Things that kept you busy while the bus rolled on....

[linked image]

It was easy to see that some of the guys were mising their mid-afternoon nap. Geez, look at that trio! wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Soon we arrived to what seemed a small little town. Hard to believe this calm looking place was home to someone like Covac and a few other Risti's. I'm sure the entire town locked their doors at night in fear of their lives. wink.gif

[linked image]

The crowd was impressive. Such a great collection of great faces, all in one spot. And the first thing on the agenda...The Warwich Castle. But first....coffee! happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

These guys are everywhere! wink.gif

[linked image]

The Warwich Castle has waited patiently all these centuries for this moment....the day a bus load of Risti's showed up to trash the place. Although I'm sure it has seen much worse. wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I was however, pretty bothered by the clock hanging over the entrance. Seriously, does anyone really need to know the time that bad?

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

A few photos of what one would find inside the castle's walls.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

WOW!!!
[linked image]

[linked image]

As some of you may already know about the Queen attending PDay, well, here she is getting ready for the festivities. wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Views from the castle....

[linked image]

[linked image]

Wait....what is that I see?

Terry....watch out!! The Godfather is behind you!!!!! wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

We made our way through the castle, but the real excitement was outside....

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

You don't need to be in focus to see what Asi is rocking! happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Hey, I got an idea...how about we climb that tower? Now, this wouldn't have been a bad idea had I not made one simple mistake while packing. Forgetting to pack another pair of boots, the only shoes I had other than sandles were my new Dr Martin steel toe boots. Not exatly what you want to be "breaking in" while standing in front of this sign....

[linked image]

And by no means does it mean on regular sized steps or stair case!

[linked image]

[linked image]

But the view was worth it.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Hot tar, anyone? wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I dared jose to take a bite of the ancient moss....he didn't go for it. wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I'm still waiting for my custom castle strap. But I have a feeling he hasn't gotten much done since I left. wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Once we came out on the other end we attended a dungeon tour. All I can say (since no photos were allowed) is I'm glad Jimmy made it out alive! wink.gifhappy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

One thing is for sure....the arrival of Risti's never stopped pouring in!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Soon it was time to get back on the bus so we can get to our hotels to freshen up.

[linked image]

Soon night came and we were off to the Dirty Duck for food and drinks...or was it drinks and food? I'm not sure, but either way, it was a blast! happy.gif

A little music with one line that says it all....take me back to the London town, were it felt good just to be around.... wink.gif

[linked image]

It was like an invasion for the locals. I don't think they ever knew what hit them! wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Eric's vintage....

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Asi's companion....

[linked image]

[linked image]

Has anyone seen Bo?

Seriously.....or maybe I should rephrase that.....has anyone seen the rest of Bo?

WOW...congrats Wild Man, quite the accomplishment! happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I'm melting......

[linked image]

Marco Melandri in Da House! Oh wait...that's Kostas! wink.gif

[linked image]

The night rolled on until the wee hours of the morning. Soon our carriage was there to take us back to our dwelling place for the night. But it seems some people were still roaring to go, even that late at night. wink.gif

[linked image]

Morning came so I took a moment to get an idea where I was.

[linked image]

All I could think was....Covac lives here? Huh...go figure. wink.gif

[linked image]

Time to hit the road....Friday night awaits, and so does more Risti's, more food, more drinks....more more more more! happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Lunch...not sure where, or what day it was, but I remember being there. happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Friday night came and it was time to head over to see Panerai's 2012 Collection. It was a nice place that housed us all. But I'll be honest...I never looked at one watch on display. LOL! But I'm sure there were some really nice pieces there.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

JRock (you lucky dog, you) and ARock in Da House! happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Emily celebrating her birthday in what I'm sure was a very unique way. happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Jassies....you're scaring her....and everyone else to. Time to get down from the chair, mate. wink.gif

[linked image]

Time to roll out....The Union has shut it's doors just for us. happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Hmmm, how is it that I don't have any photos from The Union? Oh yea, I remember...even though they had closed the doors to the public, and even though the building was three stories tall, we still were jammed pack! I have never seen so many Risti's in one place (not just this place, but every where we went) than this past week in London. And an emptied out, three story building would prove no different. But I do have one pic. wink.gifwink.gif

[linked image]

Ok....I need to recalibrate. Let's see....now it's Saturday. GUSH had set up a nice lunch, but we decided to see if we could get some shopping done beforehand.

You know you are going to run into some Risti's in the hotel lobby happy.gif
[linked image]

Time to hit the streets of London! happy.gif

Mind The Gap!!!! wink.gifwink.gifhappy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

At the other end....
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Now when Jose get's that look on his face I get scared! I'm not even sure how I got here....you gotta know where we are! wink.gif

[linked image]

After some strolling around London, we found our way to where lunch was to be served.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Oh look at that sexy dial!!! DAMN, that is one nice 201/A! happy.gif

[linked image]

Back inside for some coffee before we start to walk off all this food.

[linked image]

Time to hit the streets of London!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Creepy!

[linked image]

We were not alone, that's for sure!!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The man that never lost his cool.....GUSH happy.gif
[linked image]

[linked image]

Ok...now for Saturday night...the Main Event. I'll do you guys a favor and back off on the typing (if you've bothered to read any of it so far. wink.gif) and let the photos do the talking. Don't get too excited...some things will probably need explaining. wink.gif

Usually around here I have a photo of the building. But things happened a little bit different when we got there. Looking back everything seemed to happen in a flash, and finding myself inside the venue was no different.

So here we go....PDay London 2012 has now officially reached it's climax! wink.gif

The Venue - The Crypt

Within seconds of walking in......
[linked image]

[linked image]

Within minutes of walking in.....
[linked image]

You know it's special when Eng has that look on his face! wink.gifwink.gif
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

GUSH, Tony and Covac
[linked image]

Lord, what is THAT!!! happy.gif
[linked image]

Dang it, guys...isn't it too early to be kicking me out!
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Taking a moment to recognize Guy Verbist happy.gif
[linked image]

[linked image]

Yo, Victor!
[linked image]

[linked image]

Oh yes, that's Nacho! Finally got to meet this man and his beautiful wife!
You guys Rock! happy.gif
[linked image]

By now you know that the Queen couldn't pass this up.
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

So much going on I even passed up stopping to see a table full of vintage pieces. Ahh, what else did you expect to see at PDay? This stuff is the norm! happy.gif
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Ok, so I stopped for a minute. wink.gif
[linked image]

The food...
[linked image]

The prizes....
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Now shortly after this photo was taken something happened that took my breathe away. My number was called for the killer RobNY box you see Jo carrying! It took me a second to register that they were calling my number. I'll have much more on this later on, but needless to say, it's an incredible prize! happy.gif

Up to no good....
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Ok...I gotta take a moment and introduce to you a new Risti. He reminds me of someone else I use to know but this guy is half the man he use to be. I know...not the most flattering of pics. But trust me, they don't get much better than this anyway. wink.gif Ladies and germs.......John Slimmy! wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Oh Paddy, I've been looking for you all night! We have some catching up to do! wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Now I can't tell you how excited I was to finally meet this man...Ron Welldon! happy.gif
[linked image]

Some 360's anyone?
[linked image]

[linked image]

The bidding for Hammer's watch started hot and heavy! A real nail biter! happy.gif
[linked image]

[linked image]

Bernie was relentless!!!
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

She was not going away!
[linked image]

[linked image]

GUSH takes the prize! An amazing auction with an incredible result!!
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The passing of the torch...or just another reason for Jassies to talk? We'll never know? wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Angelo and Nad are going to knock it out of the park, I'm sure! Can't wait!

[linked image]

Jassies trying to be inconspicuous....and failing miserably. wink.gif
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

A few shots from the walls of The Crypt. These tombstones, along with the bodies that were buried with them, use to be the flooring of the building. All the bodies have been removed, and most of the tombstones placed on the wall. Pretty cool and creepy at the same time.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The organizing committee of PDay London 2012
[linked image]

I snagged Ron's name tag, but couldn't get my hands on his 001! Gotta admit, had a blast catching up with Ron. It's moments like this that remind me what Paneristi is all about. Meeting friends from around the world that you might have know for years, but never met them face to face. To think all this started over a few mates and big chunks of steel we call Panerai. The tables were packed up, the seats taken away. The only ones left are the ones me and this guy were sitting on....that's Paneristi. That's PDay. That's your local GTG happening down the street from you. happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Saturday night's events were spectacular! No doubt a good time was had by all. I can't thank the organizers of PDay enough, for not only Saturday night, but what seemed to be every night of the week that came before and after. I can only imagine all the work that went into organizing the shuffle of 200 people. But for not one second of the entire trip was I bored. I was constantly getting e-mails and texts from GUSH and the guys about things that were happening all the time. I've been to many GTG's over the years, and one other PDay. But this had to be one of the Top Two on my list of grestest of all time! Tip of the hat, mates! A huge task very well done!!

Bravo!!

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Sunday morning came and I woke up with only Bernie. My boy Jose had woken up early and headed out to Germany. Thank God Bernie was still here....my coffee drinking buddy! happy.gif With no real destination in mind except a couple of staps and some more caffiene...we decided to head out.

[linked image]

Leaving the hotel...ran into Thomas and his killer Bronzo....
[linked image]

Underground!
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The oldest bar in London! But for some mysterious reason Jassies was their first customer? wink.gif
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

We walked....
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

And we walked....
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

And we walked....
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Sunday night came and we met up with Gary and Tracy at Pizza Express. I don't even want to go into what it took finding this place. At least the pizza was good. happy.gif
[linked image]

Sharing a jacket-joke and a photo with Guillermo at Gary's expense. wink.gif
[linked image]

I'm not even sure I'm on the right day, but I believe this was Monday? Oh well, no way I was going to pass up swinging by the BMW Store of London. Driving by a few days earlier I saw some interesting Beemers on the showroom. happy.gif

You can't tell anything from this pic but this is the coolest little bike/car I've ever seen. Hey Bernie...do you remember what it was called?
[linked image]

[linked image]

Amazing hospitality you get when handing over your business card. wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

I think this one had made Bernie a future BMW owner! happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Chrome M3, any one?
[linked image]

[linked image]

But this was by far the highlight of my BMW visit. One of the very first 507's ever built. To the untrained eye this may look like a regular 507, but it was very special indeed.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

And with one cool piece of art in between, we go from one extreme to another....
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Monday night we had dinner with GUSH and co, and I soon realized my trip was coming to an end. sad.gif A few night shots and and a walk back to the hotel, the day of departure was steadily headed our way. sad.gifsad.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

In the wee hours of Tuesday morning, I remember Bernie telling me good bye. Just enough strength to get out of bed and give her a hug and a wish farewell, I fell back to sleep. Soon I woke up to a lonely London, and gloomy one at that.

[linked image]

[linked image]

A couple last shots before headed out to the airport....

[linked image]

...I couldn't help but to think of the incredible time I had had. not only for seeing the great city of London, but most importantly, getting to spend some time with a bunch of good people.

[linked image]

With all our differences, from all our differnt backgrounds and cultures, it's a real treat to know we have at least one thing in common. The appreciation of the friendships this thing called Paneristi has helped create. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm not sure who I would be if I had never discovered Panerai, Paneristi, and the great mates I have met along the way. But I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with all the opportunities it's offered along the way. And I am a different person because of it.

Thanks again to all that helped make this past week such a great success! It left me feeling like I got hit by a MAC truck from all the walking and festivities....but left me craving to do it all again next year in Montreal!

And to all those that couldn't make it this year...you were missed! But i know I will see you guys there next year! happy.gifhappy.gif

And for anyone that managed to make it through my entire post....Thank You!!

[linked image]

HAGWE!

More posts to follow!!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !
happy.gif

[linked image] [linked image]

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

Respond to this message   
Responses