Return to Index  

PDay 11 – LONDON CALLING – Part I (It's kinda long)

October 9 2012 at 12:14 AM

L(uke)  (Login snoballz)
Paneristi
from IP address 173.77.20.34

Let me first commend the UK Crew for planning, organizing, and moreover delivering what turned out to be a marvelous event. THANK YOU!!! From all of the smiles, laughs, and banter, I think it was a success. What a tremendous effort; you guys rocked it. My family and I will forever have fond memories of London and the efforts you put into it to make this all happen.

Also, thanks to those that took time and already posted PDay related threads. Sorry, I've been travelling so I just recently got through them all. I enjoyed each and every one of them and enjoyed reliving the moment. Huge props to Martin for being clever and archiving all of them in one place.

When London was chosen as the city to host PDay11, I knew that I wouldn't be able to get away without traveling with my wife since it has been one of those cities we've always wanted to visit but for whatever reason just haven't as of yet. I also knew it would be a wonderful experience, albeit exhausting, for my three year-old son to travel with us. We also decided to hitch a trip Bordeaux to visit very close friends to make this a total family experience. Traveling with family adds a different dimension but it was well worth it.

[linked image]

[linked image]

We landed around 7AM and after checking into our hotel we decided to get a quick bite to eat. My first meal in London... a Croque Madame of course. wink.gif

[linked image]

Then onto the tube to tour the town.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

My son loves buses, automobiles, planes, trains, etc. so Gush recommended that we visit the Transport Museum of London.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Just sayin' wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Afterward, it was time to check out the neighborhood (Covent Garden).

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Of course with my luck, I didn't see the G-Shock concept store, but we came across...

[linked image]

[linked image]

My son chatted up the ladies at the office and looking to intern next summer. Thanks Gush for the tour around the hood and letting us intrude.

[linked image]

That same evening, Gush arranged for a Punjabi dinner for the early birds at one of his favorite spots.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Then after being up forty plus hours (this was a recurring them during my trip), it was time for a nap to be ready to hit a few of the historical spots. It was also a beautiful sunny day!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

For the sake of brevity (relatively speaking), I'll post this in two parts. Thanks for indulging me this far. happy.gif

-luke

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses