Return to Index  

OT: P-Day Before And After :)

October 11 2012 at 2:56 PM
Eng Tay  (Login engtay)
Paneristi
from IP address 67.83.164.120

Well, P-Day may have come and gone, but the memories remain. After so much anticipation, it all seemed to be over in an instant! There have been so many excellent posts on P-Day and much has already been said, so I thought I would burn up your screens and modems with something a little different happy.gif Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "P-Day Before And After" happy.gif

For me, P-Day was also a great opportunity to combine some other travel goals of mine. I had always wanted to visit Iceland, and thanks to some prep from Brian Lau who had visited there last winter, I was able to plan for a little R&R on my way to the craziness of P-Day. Iceland was so worth the detour....it was so beautiful but unfortunately, I was not there long enough to explore the whole island. I will let the photos speak for themselves:

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

I had to include this....Brian told me they made the bet hotdogs in the world, so I just had to try one!
[linked image]

I had only been to London once before, about 12 years ago, for a solo exhibition. That trip was too quick and very much a no-frills business style, which didn't allow me to explore much. I've always been a big fan of the "Miss Marple" series on TV (by Agatha Christie), and especially, I always enjoyed the beautiful scenery. This trip, I was able to fulfill my dreams and spend some quality time in the English countryside with wonderful local guides, Paddy and Mikki happy.gif After the hectic schedule of P-Day, it was just what the doctor ordered! Enjoy some of the images from that part of my trip, below:

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

I would also like to thank the UK team for the wonderful weekend, and superb organizational skills. Great job everyone! I got to see some old friends and meet new ones, but I think I missed out on meeting a few other folks, so I hope to meet with them next year in Montreal!

Respond to this message   
Responses