OT: What Else Do You Collect?January 31 2013 at 6:50 PM
Craig LA (Login 996TTx50)
from IP address 18.104.22.168
While our love of Panerai is the common thread that brought us to P.Com, most (if not all) of us covet and/or collect other items. During his interview, Covac talked about his affinity for CP Company and Stone Island jackets (he has over 50). Recently several people have posted photos of their pen collections. In the past, Ristis have posted photos of their knife and gun collections. Other than watches, what else do you covet and/or collect . . . what do you have more of than you need because you have an affinity for the item.
1. Denim jeans (particularly selvedge) -- I am not a purist, as I prefer washed/distressed denim to raw denim -- I know that is blasphemy to some, but I do not have the opportunity to wear my jeans enough to wear them in from raw to worn naturally.
2. Leather jackets -- this is a particularly ridiculous affinity for me given that I live in Southern California, where the opportunities to wear leather are few and far between.
3. Flannel shirts -- again, rather silly given my local climate, but I love em (several Japanese brands, RRL, LVC, etc).
4. Sun glasses -- at least this is climate appropriate.
So what else do you collect? What do you have an affinity for?
"There are three types of people in the world -- those who can count, and those who can't." ~Warren Buffet
- Re: OT: What Else Do You Collect? - mike farha on Jan 31, 2013, 7:14 PM
- Interesting thread. - Aaron Murphy on Jan 31, 2013, 7:25 PM
- Starbucks City Mugs. (Sad? Moi?). Am up to 28 so far from all over the world. - Rapers on Jan 31, 2013, 7:38 PM
- what else do i collect aside my watcher? - JBS on Jan 31, 2013, 7:50 PM
- Does thousands of books count if they're not rare nor precious ? - J-F on Jan 31, 2013, 7:56 PM
- Smoking pipes and rare tobaccos...... - Linford Toy on Jan 31, 2013, 7:57 PM
- AIR JORDANS! - James on Jan 31, 2013, 7:59 PM
- Autographs . . . - Richard on Jan 31, 2013, 8:01 PM
- Interesting thread - M on Jan 31, 2013, 8:09 PM
- Vinyl..... - AndyH on Jan 31, 2013, 8:22 PM
- Do...... - Todd B. on Jan 31, 2013, 8:24 PM
- collective hopes - Dr. Ernie on Jan 31, 2013, 8:30 PM
- Sunglasses, motorcycles, leather jkts esp cycle, pam swag,concert tix(don't laugh). nt - Rick on Jan 31, 2013, 8:52 PM
- Red Wings (nt) - Olster on Jan 31, 2013, 8:53 PM
- Camera gear :) (nt) - Martin Wilmsen on Jan 31, 2013, 9:48 PM
- Dior Homme, Air Jordans, Lego Star Wars and Mr Potatoe Head - Phil on Jan 31, 2013, 9:51 PM
- Prophylactics ;) - Steve on Jan 31, 2013, 10:06 PM
- ART, paintings, bronzes. - frankv on Jan 31, 2013, 11:35 PM
- lego + action figures (aka dolls?) : ) - shafikzaman on Feb 1, 2013, 12:27 AM
- Wine and DeLorean memorabilia... :) nt - Jon on Feb 1, 2013, 12:29 AM
- Re: OT: What Else Do You Collect? - Buddhabelly on Feb 1, 2013, 12:39 AM
- Re: OT: What Else Do You Collect? - Ricky on Feb 1, 2013, 12:55 AM
- Hard Rock Cafe pins, from cities I've visited before :) [nt] - Aurelio S. on Feb 1, 2013, 1:15 AM
- Fishing tackles - Stan_sg on Feb 1, 2013, 2:35 AM
- Soccer Fan Club Jersery - KenKan on Feb 1, 2013, 3:18 AM
- I collect.... - danielian on Feb 1, 2013, 3:36 AM
- I collect too much crap as it is .... - Eddie Sanchez on Feb 1, 2013, 4:17 AM
- Art work....totally love it. - Joe Co on Feb 1, 2013, 6:14 AM
- I like older books, History, Bio's. - Marcus on Feb 1, 2013, 8:39 AM
- OT: What Else Do You Collect? - Carl on Feb 1, 2013, 10:30 AM
- Not much else any more - Jim C. on Feb 1, 2013, 1:15 PM
- Simpsons animation cels - Mike chesna on Feb 1, 2013, 1:36 PM
- wickedly sharp steel and in/coherent photons... - Traveller on Feb 1, 2013, 5:03 PM
- Re: OT: What Else Do You Collect? - Ed on Feb 2, 2013, 3:41 PM
- Dust - peezie on Feb 2, 2013, 3:55 PM
- Straights & Shaving Products - Ameet M on Feb 2, 2013, 11:59 PM