Tritium dial experts - need your explanation pls!February 8 2013 at 7:07 PM
|Joe F (Login yjfang)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
So I purchased a PAM 243 J series with T Dial a while ago and I immediately noticed that the luminence in the hands and the numbers 12 and 6 were slightly whiter/greener than the dot markers. The dot markers already has some patina and looks like more like a creamy white.
Can anyone explain why this is? Did Panerai use Tritium in the dot markers and Superluminova in the 12, 6 markers and the hands or is it that the patina is developing at different rates?
- I've also wondered this, it happens on a lot of subs. - Kevin O'Dell on Feb 8, 2013, 8:08 PM
- Not an expert by any stretch, but wonder if >>>> - Paul190H on Feb 8, 2013, 8:17 PM
- Tritium oxidates more rapidly when it comes in contact with metal >>> - michael van Leijden on Feb 8, 2013, 10:14 PM
- My 243L also has this phenomenon. NT - Sepein on Feb 8, 2013, 10:54 PM
- The good news is it will get there - Pats on Feb 9, 2013, 2:04 AM