Return to Index  

All great watches, it's completely personal preference...

April 19 2017 at 11:51 AM
panerik  (Login panerik)
Paneristi
from IP address 71.167.168.226

Response to WRUW, let's see some Tuesday beauties

...with that said, here are a few things to think about to guide your decision making process...but at the end of the day, what songs to you and is most practical for you?

The 372 is currently offered only in sapphire crystal (the S series)...if you are looking for a new watch, you will have to hunt a little to find a new Plexi model (presumably a R series as I think P are too hard to come by now)...the 372 is an amazing base watch and it goes with pretty much any 26/26 strap (that is not ridiculous!)... So if your preference is for a watch where you can change straps without thinking too much, this is a great PAM...

The 673 is a SE (limited to 1,000 in production) and is similar to the 372, but has pencil thin hands and "marine Militare" on the dial...there is historical significance to the writing in the dial...does that matter to you? I think the pencil thin hands make it a little more formal, fwiw...

The 389 is a great sub with ceramic bezel...if you have an eye for straps, yu can make a great combo with it...I believe this model will be retired very soon, so if you want new, now may be the time (there is also a 1389 which is thinner with an updated movement and has a blue second hand) which will be out for quite some time, as this is meant to replace the 389...

BP is awesome but limited realistic strap change options...maybe a better second watch?

Just some thoughts...
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses