Return to Index  

another story of another strap maker that might open your eyes

May 18 2017 at 9:12 AM

Ferry  (Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi
from IP address 37.48.83.151

Response to Doubt you will get permission to list them again >>>

Hi Don,

You know some strap makers are indeed very nice people who create things not only by becoming filthy rich, but sometimes indeed want to give back to the community, donate their work to support a good cause.

A very good example that happened about a year ago when a fellow watch enthusiast his wife was brutally shot while driving back home after spending a nice weekend together. Stephen Dumpert took the initiative to get people together to collect enough money to buy the poor guy a PAM372, get him to the Philly GTG and show him what a warm heart this community has. Within a few hours the money was there, a PAM372 was bought. I took the initiative to contact a few strap makers from around the world and guess what, they all said yes, the only thing they needed was the address to send them to.

There was one strap maker from the Netherlands, Remie Beijer, he was a small player, still wanted to donate a strap, he had to make a strap and he had to finish it to reach it on time to the GTG.

He showed me the progress of the strap he was making, I told him that he should share the progress of his work in the secret FB Messenger Group, there was one who did not completely understand why a strap maker was sharing a strap in the making, the moment I jumped in and shared that Remie was working his *** off to get a strap ready as he doesn't have straps in stock to send and had to sacrifice his weekend for it, the mood flipped and there was mentioned that the Paneristi spirit of years ago has returned, people who are just being nice and do something for other people.

I know that Trump makes thing sound very suspicious lately, but I have not heard of strap makers who aspire a political career yet....

Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps

www.paneristi.nl

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses