Return to Index  

I see a difference

May 18 2017 at 11:37 AM

Ferry  (Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi
from IP address 182.69.249.29

Response to There is a difference your not seeing >>>

The difference I see and what I probably must have missed is a decade of an evil war between strapmakers.

The German site you refer to is not a private initiative, it is the website of an official Paneristi Club in Germany, as part of their yearly objectives is organizing a charity. Last year quite a few strap makers donated for the charity of that year, this year they decided to do it different by putting up straps on auction, the straps are donated by one of their members, in this case Cengio. If either of them would see a business opportunity in this I have no doubt they would have a monthly auction of straps, this is not the case, it is just a one time thing.

I do not judge whether it is appropriate of them to post the charity initiative here on this forum, there are rules that need be followed, I leave that judgement up to the moderators.

What I do see is that sometimes threads are looked at from the darkest and most evil side possible, where in real fellow Risti are just sharing their passion with no commercial intention.

I can assure you that a person like Christian is not depending on making any money on Panerai or straps, he doesn't need that. I wish I had his collection of Panerai watches. He is as one of the board member of this registered club on a voluntarily basis and has to pay his yearly membership fee as any other member of this club. Just to highlight that there are no cutting corners here.

I just share with you what I know about this German Paneristi Club, they are still small as a club and still take things completely by the book and are trying to explore new things, destination and initiatives. Some might be very successful, some not at all, but there is no profit maximization here. As a Dutchman we sometimes laugh about how serious and strict organized our German neighbors can be, at the same time we envy them for that gift happy.gif

Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman living in India, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps
http://paneristi.in

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses