Return to Index  

my very first ammo strap

July 15 2017 at 2:26 PM

Ferry  (Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi
from IP address 122.177.157.176

Response to Let's see your favourite ammo strap!. Cheers

I just got my first Panerai watch, got introduced to the Paneristi community, for me at that time a complete unknown world, wanted my first ammo strap/after-market strap somewhere in Bangkok as that was my first upcoming trip outside India, got advice from Eric Skier try to get one from Kevin, was lucky that Kevin still lived in Bangkok, met the man, was totally overwhelmed by his enthusiasm, gave me some advice about the length I should go for to start with, 104/80, that was still for me tooooo long (had 115/75 of the OEM straps in mind) and compromised with 135/80. The strap turned out an amazing strap, takes the heat and humid weather like no other strap, wears super comfortable, every day got more character.

The result was that I got more of his straps by now, sadly my favorite strap is laying around for more than a year now as its a 24mm....

I am thinking of putting the strap in a frame and hang it in my room, the strap has taken me through a lot of **** of the months wearing it, only not sure if it will get moist and get spoiled.

[linked image]

My present ammo straps I can wear, number 4 I got from Kevin, a black ammo with lot of character and wears for all occasions:
[linked image]

And my 50th birthday 160/95 french painted ammo that I can only wear with short sleeves:
[linked image]

Have a great weekend!
Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman living in India and moving soon back to NL, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps

www.paneristi.nl

[linked image]

Respond to this message