Here's my thoughts:
1. Wouldn't mess with the sanctity of an oem vintage dial especially if feet had to be cut
2. Love the look of a Cali dial here though. Can you have one printed onto the correct sized one you have, that'd be killer.
3. If not, I like the look of the open work with the silver ring, but agree you'd need silver hands to read (or blue? OP doing a lot of blue lately)
4. If not that, I'd go glossy black, not carbon fiber - looks too tech contrasted against the hand engraving you did.
5. Final thought (and this might be my favorite) could you use the silver ring and a blank dial, but engrave it a little to reflect the work on the case?
These are all the musings of a novice, but I'm honored to even be asked to chime in on this.
Keep up the good work!
Mike...NYC. My collection so far is a 312 and some cool straps.