Return to Index  

My take ........

August 29 2017 at 7:08 PM

covac  (Login covactanks)
High Heid Yin
from IP address 5.65.7.107

Response to Help with this PreA4

Firstly ......dial /caseback look okay to my eye ....with the obvious exception of the lack of the T HYPHEN T under the six ....but ......I have seen a few Pre-A's where the the white painted writing of the T HYPHEN T has literally started to de-bond and fall off and you could see bits of white paint floating around in the dial .......remember this was relatively early days for OP and mistakes happened .

Rather than let OP change the dial for ,say , an Luminova dial .....a collector MAY have asked a watchmaker to remove all the faulty White painted letters so it didn't cause any potential damage to the watch dial /mvt and looked overall much neater .

The more cynical amongst us might also suggest that the writing under the six has been removed to try and pass the watch off as the arguably more covetable Pre -V two zero three A ?

All the above is just my humble opinion having gone through the murky tunnel of collecting Pre A's and V's about ten -fifteen years ago

I hope you get to the bottom of it to give you some peace of mind

hamcov.jpgPhotobucket

RIPBBQ

This message has been edited by covactanks from IP address 5.65.7.107 on Aug 29, 2017 7:13 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses