PAM 512 crown issueSeptember 1 2017 at 3:56 PM
|Mohanish (Login mohanish)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Who all have experienced or seen crown issues with a Radiomir 1940?
I have a strange issue with my PAM 512 at 3.5 years of ownership and it really surprises me. The time changes with rotating the crown at every pull stage and even when I screw the crown back in. The watch cannot be wound and used anymore.
Strange thing is that the Panerai Country Manager want me to come in for a full service and claims that 3.5 years is prime for a full service as it is due (per him) at 4 years. I thought Panerai recommends a service at 5 years, and realistically who goes in for a service at 5 years unless the watch has undergone rough use. I thought Panerai built sport / tool watches and pitched them as tanks..
I've always worn this watch carefully and wound and used it even more carefully. Abuse by the owner is out of the question.
Any suggestions / recommendations would be helpful.
- PAM512 is a dress watch - Carlos on Sep 1, 2017, 5:05 PM
- and checking your watch just before the warranty expires, crazy! - Ferry on Sep 2, 2017, 7:36 AM
- Sounds like the clutch wheel is not slipping back into the winding position >> - DON on Sep 2, 2017, 1:28 PM
- We had similar issues...... - LT on Sep 3, 2017, 4:56 PM
- PAM 512 Crown Issue Resolved - Mohanish on Sep 11, 2017, 1:22 PM