Return to Index  

Questions asked (place, photo gear, tools, etc) >>>

September 27 2017 at 9:16 PM

PiterM  (Login PiterM)
Paneristi
from IP address 37.47.12.52

Response to OT: July, slow & peaceful family vacation in a remote location... [photo intensive]

First of all thanks for kind words! That is of course Poland, highland area called Beskid Niski. If you’re looking for a place, where time stopped 60 years ago... this is one of the best places to go. Highest peak in this area is called Lackowa (hair below 1000m above sea level) and it’s a bread day trip from where we stayed. And as I said no mobile coverage.

Photography gear? Most pics taken with Fuji X-T2 and just two lenses: 16mm f/1.4 and 56mm f/1.2 (ff equivalents of 24mm and 85mm). And all ‚hike & bike’ pics taken with Fuji X30, which is couple of years old compact camera! But it still delivers! Pic of the horses under a tree (with mentionned before Lackowa peak in the background) was taken with that X30 happy.gif

Outdoor gear:
- small biking pack: Camelbak MULE gen.2
- big daypack: Prometheus Deaign Werx SHADO (reveiwed by me at www.packconfig.com)
- axe: Council Tool Saddle Axe (cool tool, but that double edged axe needs really some experience, not a sunday camper’s tool for sure)
- fixed blade: 1-off Chris Reeve colab with me called Scout (I reground the blade of Ubejane and Chris put new finish, coating, edge, etc)
- folder: Chris Reeve Inkosi with Insingo blade and micarta inlays
- pocket knife: Titanium custom Victorinox Farmer
- outdoor gloves: Hestra Skulman

Respond to this message   
Responses