Return to Index  

Re: Is Panerai really this cold?

October 5 2017 at 4:17 PM
Pam673  (Login Pam673)
from IP address 203.40.60.90

Response to Is Panerai really this cold?

The fact that I have seen all the recent Mare Nostrum models (603,716) and the other SEs 663,685,687..etc had been sitting on the shelf of my AD like old dogs looking for a new owner in a pet shop is a sign to OP & Richemont that something is not quite right with their market strategy.

I hope they read this forum and realised that watch enthusiast had lost zest in the brand the moment they continuously recycle SEs from the past.

No buyers would want to see their $10k watch drops 60-70% the moment they wore it where as with a Rolex Submariner or Deepsea or Daytona you don't lose much. This is the issue that they have to address because regardless of how production numbers have ramped up and releasing more series for people to choose, if those watches are sitting on the shelf for long periods of time it painted a bad image to the brand and inspire people to wonder why should they buy this watch if nobody else wanted it.

Yes people do buy what they like but the high level of financial lost is a major roadblock. People dropping $10k on a non essential item will surely do a bit of research beforehand. It's not like 10-15 years ago where information on watches was less transparent. People goes to chrono24 to check on the used value of a watch. If someone is so loaded that dropping $10k and losing over half is a non issue then you have the issue of exclusivity. That is the brand is not high end enough for them to even consider. Instead they will go for something like the PP Nautilus series or the AP ROO series..etc

Respond to this message   
Responses