Return to Index  

More than what I’ve bargained for . Thanks

November 8 2017 at 12:51 PM
Sy  (Login Syrecx)
from IP address 203.171.249.11

Response to Quality and price don't always go hand in hand, especially with small scale

Many thanks to all above response. Did not mean to start any flaming necessary.

I’ve always been in love with watches but not to the extent I’m in now where I am shelling out thousands of quality pieces than quantity. I was the latter before till I bought my first watch over 15k last year. I’ve never bought or repaired old straps ever, until I bought my first Panerai. Loved it for the trademark designs, the boldness and how it can be so much more versatile than any Watch I’ve come across. That’s what had sparked me into looking for straps.

After seeing the response, I’m glad to have advice from fellow paneristi as it showed how passionate one can become over straps. As per previous response, one had pointed out about seeing the sweet spot for pricing. I think the answer I was looking for may be that particular comment.

Many analogy makes sense, but it’s because those straps are not available for viewing in person (watches are at ADs), it makes it that much harder to choose the right strap. Thanks once again to all whom have commented! Learnt something today.

Respond to this message   
Responses