Return to Index  

and not even region based I am afraid

December 1 2017 at 9:55 AM

Ferry  (Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi
from IP address 188.203.76.166

Response to Exactly my point!

I had my experiences in Asia, India and UAE to be precise with OP. My first PAM329 was a Monday morning production, first it wasn't waterproof, second it started running way too fast and faster than the already higher bandwidth than other brands or COCS standards, the watch came back, still running too fast, 3 times in a row. It turned out that OP UAE starts measuring a watch after it has been fully wound and rest for 30 minutes. If the mainspring is the problem they will never see the problem and thereby there is no problem.

My second encounter with OP is here in The Netherlands, my PAM372 was re-banking sometimes after a full winding, this took between 20-45 seconds when it occurred, the Richemont Service Center has a slightly different benchmark, they start testing a watch after a full winding and after letting the watch rest for 10 minutes, again of course they could not find anything, but they offered me a full service on the watch. Of course I was happy and accepted the offer, at the same time I was not happy at all as they make it look that I see ghosts, not the way to go for a luxury watch brand IMHO...
Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps

[linked image]

Respond to this message