Return to Index  

Questioning or desire of internet buzz

December 6 2017 at 8:07 PM

Laurent  (Login Pam009T)
Paneristi
from IP address 109.221.66.244

Response to PAM 721 “Nazi Kampfschwimmer”

I understand the emotion that can bring about the reminiscence of a period and I'm very aware of the horror of the Holocaust, but I can't make the difference in this section between the real questioning and the desire of some to make buzz on the internet.

If I want to be as precise but without any cynicism, as far as the Second World War is concerned and to my knowledge the Kampfschwimmers were of course part of the 3rd Reich, but I don't think that these troops of elite have been much blamed in the exaction against the Jewish people, I think they were doing operations against allied ships without distinction of religion. I think that as a descendant of a people called "allied" I should in this case be shocked, which is not the case.

I repeat my question: Why this controversy now, many re-editions Panerai were already similar to the models of the second world war:
First Special Edition Radiomir PAM00021 in 1997 is a 1938 Radiomir Re-Edition and for all Panerai iconography resumes the theme of combat watches (1940s unbranded sandwich dials in all catalogs).
Laurent

[linked image]

Respond to this message