Return to Index  

Meet-A-Risti - Peter Fruehling

March 3 2018 at 6:59 PM

Peter Fruehling  (Login Acro-Pilot)
Forum moderators
from IP address

Thank you, Stratos!!! It was great getting to know you, M8!

Our community has changed my life in so many ways that it's hard to find a starting point. I'll try and come up with a few unique tidbits that you haven't seen on the pages of Paneristi in the past without violating the Paneristi GTG Bunkmate Confidentiality Clause. You guys know who you worried!

On a personal note, my reason for walking this earth belongs to this woman. My wife Beth and I were married back in 2004 and it's been marital bliss, 364 days a year ever since. She has really enjoyed becoming part of the community and truly gets the mantra, "So much more than just a watch" as she attends GTG's and P-Days.

She's an amazing mom to our little daughter who turned 8 this year. I can't get enough of these two!

Some of you know that I do a little flying from time to time. Not professionally...just for fun. Our daughter seems to enjoy flying as much as I do.

Gary seems to fit in Teagan's seat just fine...glad you've got plenty of room back there, G!

Doesn't everyone altitude test the new watches they bring home?

Including the Hammer watch. This was somewhere over Colorado. Your machine passed with flying colors, Alan!

Another thing you may not know about me is that I was adopted when I was very young. My adoptive family here in Minnesota blessed me with an amazing support system that I cherish to this day. In 2000 I decided to search for my birth family and was saddened to learn that my birth father had passed away. However, I found my birth mother during the process!

The nuts and bolts of that 10 year journey are better suited for a GTG conversation but one of the later chapters is captured in this picture. I was able to bring my birth mother (second from the right) to Minnesota for a visit with my adoptive parents in 2010. This was a moment in my life that I'll never forget! We're all still very close today.

Finding your birth mother and taking her flying in a plane you built? That was a cool one to check off the list. Do we look alike? Love you, Su!

2010 was a big year. If it weren't enough that my two families came together, I was unknowingly adopted again. This time by a young Paneristi I met on and had planned to meet for dinner when I was in town on business. Little did I know, he teed up an entire GTG and surprised me when I showed up. For those that know, Stephen Dumperth, you'll get this...and I'll never forget it!

You've got to be kidding. These Paneristi really are crazy.

...and a picture of Stephen the day we met back in 2010. Has it really been 8 years?!?

Evidently one GTG wasn't enough so Stephen decides we're going on the road together for my meetings in Pittsburgh. Suddenly I found myself in a hotel room with one bed and Stephen blocking the door. I'm not calling the front desk...I'm calling THE POLICE!

That night is a little blurry but the next day we met another fine gent from for lunch and my first mini GTG. As Risti's do, Jim put all his cases on hold to connect with friends from

This is where it all really started. Jim and Stephen helped me understand what the Paneristi community was all about and nothing was EVER the same! You meet people like this at GTG's...

...not realizing that 8 years later, they will be some of your closest friends in the world. Watches? Sure, but we share so may other parts of our lives. Paneristi brought us together and I'm so thankful for that. Terri & Linford, you're the best!

Remember my comment about about the Paneristi GTG Bunkmate Confidentiality Clause? Another close friend I wouldn't have if it weren't for Paul, we know you need your beauty sleep.

Then you start buying watches. Jo from Vegas is a good friend more than a boutique employee today...this is the day we met. Dude, we look 10!

...and buying MORE watches!

...and attending more GTG's with more people from all over the globe.

...and from right where you live!

...and while you're on holiday! (WHAT UP 808 CREW!)

I have absolutely NO memory of taking these two pictures.

From famous people.... Can you please give us some space, Ron?

To infamous people....

To REALLY infamous people...

The group of amazing individuals I've been blessed to meet and get to know never seems to end.

Even the not so amazing people count in my book.

From getting stuck in an elevator with a Risti M8 and a bachelorette party...

To doing CrossFit in NYC with a fellow Risti...

To finding yourself in a scotch ad...

Life has just never been the same since I found

I look forward continuing our amazing story and adding chapters with many more of you in the months and years ahead. Thank you for being who you are and for making our community such an amazing place to be.

Taking time to reflect back on the impact you've had on my life was truly eye opening. I'm blessed to know each and every one of you. From my heart, thank you for taking the time and for being such an important part of my life.

- Peter Fruehling

- Peter

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Acro-Pilot from IP address on Mar 9, 2018 8:02 AM

Respond to this message