Return to Index  

Happy as a clam - First post

March 11 2018 at 3:17 PM
Neubs1  (Login Neubs1)
from IP address

All, I'm happy as a clam as I pulled the trigger yesterday on a PAM 687. Looks great. My AD has an XL strap on order - I'm going with a lighter color than the supplied 'Ponte Vecchio' strap. Am able to squeeze the standard size strap on now in order to wear. Couple of things: - The PAM 687 profile is a little different from other Panerai - the bezel and plexi crystal do not 'dome' like on my PAM 422. Much more symmetrical (as written in several reviews) / lower /slimmer in profile. Add to that the Radiomir case and I will say that it DOES wear 'smaller' than you'd think. - The polished buckle really looks great. All of my other Panerai have brushed buckles. - The accompanying book of Italian diving and military history is (you guessed it) in ITALIAN! Oh well. I'm thrilled with the new watch. It joins: PAM 422 (my first Panerai) PAM 341 (the Big Guy) PAM 524 (my wife's daily wear watch - since gaining this watch, her Rolex has sat in the cabinet) Best wishes to all from a 'Newbie'. Cheers, Neubs

Respond to this message