<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Desert Island Dream - DID

October 20 2008 at 2:44 PM
BoroNY  (Login BoroSF)
from IP address 68.174.105.207

Terry NJ very kindly asked me to post the next DID. I am certain this will not be as good as most of the last posts but it was fun doing it (oooh err missus!).....

Ship sinking: washed ashore with 10 items;

2 watches

Two? TWO? are you serious? What kind of commie cruise ship was that allowing only two watches on board?... oooooo kkkkkkkkkkkk - tough to pick but based on (current!) wrist time these two...

PAM233

[IMG][/IMG]

and AP Safari

[IMG][/IMG]

2 songs

Man it was tough to pick just two songs - I have an eclectic taste (although I like acoustic too - heh!) - so I started looking through YouTube and came up with a couple of songs that I have loved for different reasons over the years.

The first one sounds amazing to me - yet the video is erm...freaky....

The second I find really uplifting (I couldn't find a good video but it sounds great)....

(breaking the rules but to prove I'm not as soft as sh*te here is something a bit more day to day for me...

1 book

Hmmm I read quite a bit - around 30 books a year - but there aren't many I re-read. Lemme think... a writer I have got into recently is Christopher Moore - takes an unusual view on things with some odd subjects (vampires, demons, whales, Jesus' best friend) but funny as well here's one to try ...

1 movie

The ending to this movie was so unexpected and so funny I have watched it around 15 times now - love it...

(My real passion though is old Ealing comedies.....I realize life was tough post war but the movies make it feel like it was a happier simpler time with nice gentle but bizarre humor... here is short documentary clip on some of them...

and a clip - early St Trinians - love anything with Alastair Sim, Margaret Rutherford, Terry Thomas etc

1 photograph

I don't take many photos - but this photo brings back great memories. It was the deck of our place near Sabn Francisco - nothing better having a cold beer or glass of wine and grilling on this deck - looking at a great view of the marina and Mt Tam...

[IMG][/IMG]

1 memory

We have been lucky to be able to travel to many countries in the world (around 40 now) and I have loved every one of them! If I win the lottery (well I don't actually do the lottery but ...) then you wouldn't see me for dust - year round travel sounds like a dream. A bit like being Nad! Heh

Last year we went to the French Riviera and loved every minute of it - nothing better than sitting in a square like this, having lunch, playing boules etc. Perfect!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Another great travel memory - we were in New Zealand - visiting Milford Sound and on a whim took a helicoptor back to Quuenstown. One minute we were beside the water with amazing views on the Sound - the next we on top of a nearby mountain standing on a pristine glacier. Exhilarating!

[IMG][/IMG]

1 meal

Now - this could be the hardest category for me. I am erm.. shall we say.. a little bit tubby - chubby and rotund have been mentioned. Food is my real passion!

I love trying new food, any type of cuisine - and can rattle off dishes I have had going back years! Steak, Thai, oysters, foie gras, burgers with onion and aioli, cod and chips, pasta at Babbo, roast chicken at Zuni cafe - my mouth is watering thinking back! I love the lote from street food to poncy jacket-required restaurants.

But my favorite meals are as follows - can't pick one though...

- Christmas dinner (lunch for all you non-Northerners!) as a kid. My mum can cook like crazy. Christmas dinner was massive and I loved it all... Turkey, beef, mash, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, carrot and turnip, brussel sprouts, cauliflower cheese, onion gravy, chipolatas wrapped in bacon, three types of stuffing, leeks in white sauce, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, cabbage... and I'm sure I missed some off! That would keep me going on a desert island! Drinks to go with this - start with some Veuve on Xmas morning, then a chilled Chablis with a shrimp cocktail, a big juicy Pomerol during the main dinner followed by Christmas cake with a chunk of white Stilton and a 20 year old Tawny port. Hmmmm

- my other favourite: a herb omelette with french fries and a tossed green salad, crispy french bread with butter and mayonnaise on this side. With a crisp cool bottle of Rose or ice cold frothy Kronenbourg to wash it down!

1 person

This was the easiest choice by far..... my lovely wife....

[IMG][/IMG]

We first were boyfriend and girlfriend at age 11 (for two weeks - woo hoo.. go playa...!)- and have been together for around 26 years in total (we are 39 now) which I guess is quite unusual these days. We either love each other to bits or have a startling lack of imagination - heh! She is my best friend and am glad we have been together while traveling the world. We will have an addition to the small family soon - our little boy is due THIS week - can't wait to meet him!

Thanks for reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!
- Crowd (in unison): Yes! We're all individuals!
- Brian: You're all different!
- Crowd (in unison): Yes, we are all different!
- Man in Crowd: I'm not...
- Crowd: Shhh!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

clifW
(Login clifW)
Paneristi

Great DID, very well done

October 20 2008, 3:07 PM 

-

-Clif

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Thanks Cliff! nt

October 21 2008, 6:53 PM 

- Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!

Respond to this message   

Ralph
(Login tsunami2000)
Forum moderators

Nice Book Choice!

October 20 2008, 3:08 PM 

Lamb is one of my all time favorites, by my favorite author. He is a modern day Tom Robbins.

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Thanks Ralph - read around 10 of his books now - all thought provoking and fun - you might

October 21 2008, 6:55 PM 

like Carl Hiaasen too - he is a fun read - usually with a green or political subtext.

Respond to this message   

eric s. (hkgweilo)
(Login hkgweilo)
High Heid Yin

very nice...and congrats on the new addition to the family...

October 20 2008, 3:25 PM 

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Cheers Eric! Still waiting for the little one...nt

October 21 2008, 6:56 PM 

Respond to this message   
Atomic
(Login atomic-noob)

Very nice... must be a gas pulling that together. ;)

October 20 2008, 5:59 PM 

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Tahnks! I enjoyed putting it together - I love reading these DIDs too! nt

October 21 2008, 6:57 PM 

Respond to this message   

Diego SCPC
(Login DiegoArana)
Paneristi

Great DID Read

October 20 2008, 6:02 PM 

Really enjoyed it.
You and your beautiful wife do not lack imagination,
it takes some serious patience and imagination to make
that haul which you have. Tip of the hat.

Christopher Moore is now on my reading list.
May start that as soon as I finish the entire
Cormac McCarthy library.

Great taste in music, I've been lucky enough to
see PH and JA serveral times. Perry is great on stage.
One of my favorites with Scott Wieland.

Cheers.

Cheers,
Diego
Studio City, CA
Refresh, refresh, refresh........

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Thanks Diego! Tip of the hat accepted gratefully. Also - the Urwerk

October 21 2008, 6:59 PM 

is moving on? Say it ain't so Joe - that watch is fantastic!

If I had the funds I would be in line - but would need to sell a few watches first!

Respond to this message   
Maxxbet
(Login maxxbet)

What a great D.I.D.!!

October 20 2008, 6:14 PM 

Thanks for sharing. (and congrats on the little one!)

Steve
Nor'Risti in Training

Panerai and Paneristi.com...way more than just a watch!!

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Thanks Steve! nt

October 21 2008, 7:00 PM 

Respond to this message   

Action Dan
(Login actiondan)

Great choices my friends :) !! n/t

October 20 2008, 10:24 PM 

n/t

MOBILIS IN MOBILE

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Merci Dan! nt

October 21 2008, 7:00 PM 

Respond to this message   

Socko
(Login panureye)

Well done mate!!!!

October 20 2008, 11:12 PM 

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Thanks Socko! Hey which would you pick... heh ... only kidding! nt

October 21 2008, 7:01 PM 

Respond to this message   
Rob Allen
(Login Tampawatchguy)

Great one...(Christopher Moore is the BEST!)

October 20 2008, 11:22 PM 

The Stupidest Angel is the funniest book I have ever read.

Respond to this message   
BoroNY
(Login BoroSF)

Thanks - yep he is certainly a fun read! nt

October 21 2008, 7:02 PM 

Respond to this message   
Angelo P
(Login angelopasto)

Wel Done

October 21 2008, 3:02 AM 

Very Nice.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index