<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My Deserted Island Dream

February 19 2009 at 2:38 PM
Tim  (Login tdblackmon)
from IP address 80.126.61.85

My name is Tim and I've been a Paneristi ever since that fateful Wednesday morning, about two years ago, when I met this guy in the gym, sporting a panerai (Jim aka Chunki). Jim convinced me to sell my Planet Ocean and get a 000 instead. Nothing has been the same ever since.
[linked image]

We recently moved from Northern California to the Netherlands. I left one great group of Paneristi's back there and I've found that there are some great guys in this rainy neck of the woods too. I'm honored to be part of this community and share my Deserted Island Dream with you.

I'm a pastor, so please forgive me if this becomes the longest DID ever. I've been told that my sermons are like the penis of a jack-ass................................. long and vigorous.

Soooo.....let's get this DID on the road.

Because of my profession, it sometimes happens that we get insider information about major events. I have it on good authority that there's going to be a change in weather. Rain for forty days and forty nights.

[linked image]

[linked image]

That means we better get ready to swim. Have gear....will dive.

[linked image]

[linked image]

If I'm going to drown anyway, I'd at least take my favorite watch,.....233

[linked image]

Oh....wait....this just in....word on the street is that "An ark of gopher wood" would come in handy.

[linked image]

I don't know....this could get ugly......better check my personal hygiene.

[linked image]

I think we're stuck somewhere near Mount Ararat but since Biblical Archaeologists can't agree on the exact location, I think we're just lost.

[linked image]

Ahh...finally....

[linked image]

We're floating around here, I'm really wondering if this is "AS GOOD AS IT GETS". One of many all-time favorite movies. Nothing shows our great wretchedness and our wretched greatness like my dear friend Melvin Udall.

[linked image]

Melvin Udall: Judging from your eyes, I'd say you were fifty.
Carol Connelly: Judging from your eyes, I'd say you were kind, so, so much for eyes.

[linked image]

Carol says to Melvin: "When you first came into the restaurant, I thought you were handsome..and then you spoke."

Well,....no DVDs on this island....It is really deserted...and now I gotta pick one book....

[linked image]

That's easier said than done.....which one is it going to be?

[linked image]

All I brought is this little book. I know it would have been more sensible to bring the latest tome on nautical engineering, but I'd be remiss if I picked any other book. I stole this little book from my church's book table 22 years ago. I just had to have it, not because of the content, but, go figure,....because of its sumptuous leather cover and handy size. Then......I started reading it. The rest, as they say,....is history.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Out on this deserted island I keep thinking about one memory:....about a year ago I went "Blues Brothers" on my wife.

"Honey,....let's move from sunny California to Holland,..."ON A MISSION FROM GOD"

[linked image]

Betsy and the kids were willing to say farewell to everything and everyone they held dear,....just because of a crazy hunch. They are amazing.

We made the flight,...what was I wearing, my grail of course,....IWC Big Pilot.

[linked image]

[linked image]

The one person I wish could be here to see it all, is my Dad. He died almost five years ago, at age 80, playing tennis with his long time friends. For the first time in fifteen years he beat them that morning, sat down at the side of the tennis court and had a massive heart-attack. As a good friend put it "He got his cake and ice cream on the other side."

[linked image]

He was a complicated and amazing man. After being born and raised in the south in the US, in 1923, to a drunk father and a mother who was schlepping it for the white folks, he faced many obstacles. His first choir director told him "Don't you ever open your mouth and sing again." I'm so glad he didn't listen to her,...he became a professional singer and thrilled people with his voice for more than 60 years of his life. Even more than, he thrilled our lives by being a great dad.

I wish I could show him just one picture.....but which one would I choose? It is so hard to pick just one!
I wish he could meet his only grand-daughter, Jessica, who has his spunk and has an amazing ability to thoroughly enjoy every day.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Or, my oldest son Luke dressed up like Mr.Bean @ Halloween?

[linked image]

He would definitely dig the two grandsons he never met.

David

[linked image]

Jonathan

[linked image]

but since I have to choose just one,......here you go.

[linked image]

I know what you are thinking....you risti are smart that way...Hammer wears a Rollie on the day of his operation, someone takes a picture and of course everyone immediately notices the obvious.

So, I know what you are thinking....

[linked image]

"man, these kids are lilly-white......what gives?

yes,...pretty much,...I carry a DNA swab with me wherever I go....just to prove my paternity. They light up in the dark better than luminova,....but they really are mine.

Since I'm stuck on this island, I'd listen to anything by U2, but this DID situation forces me to pick "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"

[linked image]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtxV02tyR5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X7QGCmIZl0

[linked image]

Growing up in a home where classical music was the only genre allowed, my musical awakening happened when I heard Earth Wind and Fire's "In the Stone"

One Meal:

No picture here. No fancy wine selection for me, as far as I'm concerned, I don't care if we eat the lima-bean spam casserole your wifey just made from scratch, or if we eat a sumptuous steak at a favorite restaurant,....eating together with any good friends and family is a foretaste of heaven to me. Eating by yourself is no good for you.

[linked image]

Really, even if the food is bad,...eating it with friends is still good. It's kind of like bad sex.....even when it is bad...it is still good.

When you are in this neck of the woods,....give me a holler (for the food, I mean).

Thanks for checking out my DID and post your name below and I will pick someone in the next couple of days to do our next DID.

Ship sinking -- and now washed ashore, with only 10 items to bring:
2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

Peace,

Tim

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paddy
(Premier Login Kingsholm14)
High Heid Yin

Nice post. Do I see a nice leather strap in the making !!!!! nt

February 19 2009, 2:45 PM 

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login tdblackmon)

haha

February 19 2009, 2:58 PM 

that is funny paddy....that crossed my mind...but it felt a little bit sacrilegious to comment on that....leave it to you. happy.gif

Tim

Respond to this message   

Nad
(Login nadh3n)
Paneristi

Hi Tim, I really enjoyed the post, well done!!! nt

February 19 2009, 2:45 PM 

nt

F1Small-1.jpg

Small-1.jpgNadzilla4-1.jpg

Montreal, Canada

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login tdblackmon)

Thanks

February 19 2009, 2:58 PM 

Thanks to you Nad for always brightening this place up!

Tim

Respond to this message   
JCatacchio
(Login JCatacchio)

Wow Tim absolutely wonderful DID!

February 19 2009, 2:46 PM 

I really enjoyed it! Very touching about your family/father!!!

Thanks for putting it together!

Best,
-James

---------

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't. -Warren Buffett

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login tdblackmon)

Hi James

February 19 2009, 2:59 PM 

Thanks for taking the time to read it James!

TB

Respond to this message   
Joe190
(Login Yoelfuld)

great looking family all around, I like how you gave history

February 19 2009, 3:03 PM 

of where you've been, where you are, etc.
what is the computer images ?
like a alternate world kind of game ?
cool.

Respond to this message   

Scott
(Login Furrymonki)

I agree with Joe190! Great DID, thanks!

February 19 2009, 3:09 PM 

nt

------------------------------------
Scott
Broadlands, VA
PAM 233
Seiko Diver 6309-7040

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login tdblackmon)

Who knows

February 19 2009, 3:09 PM 

a geeky friend of mine turned some pictures of mine into computer game characters and this is what came out. Beats me!

Peace,
Tim

Respond to this message   

Andy Altman
(Login GULFSTREAMFIVE)
Paneristi

Great Job Tim!!!!

February 19 2009, 3:41 PM 

Maybe the best yet!!!

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login tdblackmon)

Hi

February 19 2009, 4:15 PM 

Hi Andy,

Great to hear from you! Thanks....it was kind of fun putting it together.

Tim

Respond to this message   

Andy Altman
(Login GULFSTREAMFIVE)
Paneristi

Stellar!!

February 19 2009, 5:13 PM 

Looking forward to my opportunity! kindest regards, andy

Respond to this message   
Chris Meisenzahl
(Login cmeisenzahl)

Great post and pics, I enjoyed that. nt

February 19 2009, 4:03 PM 

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login tdblackmon)

Thanks

February 19 2009, 4:24 PM 

Thanks Chris!

Respond to this message   
pamdoc
(Login pamdoc)
Paneristi

All superlatives fall short and ring hollow-such an incredible

February 19 2009, 4:12 PM 

presentation-Wil would be proud! BTW, not all rewards have to be delayed until Heaven (and knowing you, probably better not to wait-LOL). Drop me a line as I know something that would look better than the 233 with your under water costume.

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login tdblackmon)

ohhh

February 19 2009, 4:16 PM 

don't tempt me again....I'm already knee deep in watch trouble....what do you have up your sleeve?

Tim

Respond to this message   
pamdoc
(Login pamdoc)
Paneristi

knee deep is nothing-more or less a permanent state;

February 19 2009, 4:55 PM 

I have nothing up my sleeve, but at the wrist, now that is another story. Since you like to look like a fish-man, grab the bait and I will set the hook-LOL

Respond to this message   

Ravi
(Login ravi76)
Paneristi

That was GREAT! Nice one Tim!

February 19 2009, 4:27 PM 

Like the penis of a Jackass?????????? HAHAHAHA!

Great choices and thanks for sharing!

[linked image] DAVIE IS SO RIGHT! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login tdblackmon)

:)

February 19 2009, 4:30 PM 

Glad you enjoyed it Ravi! happy.gif

Thanks man,

Tim

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >