<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Well...somewhat overcast by the events of this weekend ...here's my D.I.D fellas >>>

September 27 2010 at 12:46 PM

Chippy  (Login chippyjon)
from IP address 81.98.173.68

An honor to be picked by our m8 Greg last week ...hope I can do it justice Bro wink.gif ....

Soooooooooo..... Here ya go fellas, hope it brings some smiles to ya dials for a Monday post Pday madness and all that!! happy.gifhappy.gif

Ship sinking: washed ashore with 10 items;

2 watches
My trusty 1969 Pre Moon Speedy , just love this old bugger......only 2 years younger than me and a lot better lookin'! happy.gif

[linked image]

and of course ...my soon to be and proudly honoured..... PVD'd Old skool stylee 2 liner...the one and the only BBQ360.... happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif .... I won't nick an image, you know the watch guys and I promise I'll take plenty when she lands...can't wait!! wink.gif

2 songs
'Motorhead' by Hawkwind.

Lemmy on vocals...legendary stuff from 1975 and the eventual birth of 'Motorhead' the band after Lemmy was sacked by Hawkwind for being too hard to 'tame' on their American tour! This was the last track Lemmy wrote and performed with Hawkwind and a song from my youth that lit all kinds of feelings and .shall we say...plenty of other things!! happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02-77XI1Gs

'Maybe Tomorrow' by Stereophonics.

Always respected these guys, class act.... but I saw them live recently and I have to say...an incredible show that made a massive impact...Kelly Jones' vocals are incredible! ...And the track, well.... a beautiful piece of writing that would grace any far away, sandy beach, just close your eyes....and ...ya never know.... Maybe Tomorrow I might just get my butt of this God forsaken Island!! wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV58fxXOQuE

1 book

'Mr.Nice' Howard Marks....

[linked image]

A really great read....and what a truly amazing character Howard Marks is, an intellectual that dropped out of Baliol College back in the late sixties to start a whole new life of excitement and intrigue that hinged around the smuggling of Marijuana... it roller coasted him through all manner of crazeeeeeee stuff! ... Whatever your view point, it's a great fun must read book guys!!.. Don't let the title fool ya! wink.gif

1 movie ( plus a sneaked in sequel )

An almost impossible choice from sooooooo many amazing films.... but for sheer grit and dark humour it has to be the legendary - Lock Stock & 2 Smokin' Barrells ..... Lenny 'The Guvner' McLane's last movie and if not just for the delivery of the line F***ing Northern Monkeys ( No geographic divide intended of course guys...love you quaint Northerners really... even Covac wink.gif ) ......what a true legend of the East End.... and a truly great British film, Guy Ritchie's finest work IMHO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdiTmEvxamM&feature=related

And, sorry but I'd have to sneak the sequel 'Snatch' along for the island ride just because Brad Pitt takes 'Pikey' to a whole new level.. happy.gifhappy.gif ...Some of the best work he's ever done for sure....Genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8&NR=1

1 photograph

My first visit to the Firenze Boutique all those years back and I'd just picked up a 183G ... Sat happy with the Ponte Vecchio in the back ground and life was goooooood... Always reminds of so many things this pic....but non more than our shared passion.

[linked image]

1 memory

No Brainer.....cliched but real... The birth of our beautiful babies. Both born at home and both without hitch.....truly miraculous on every level!!!.... But the fondest part of those memories, was seeing my Mum hold them, she fortunately had the time to know her Grandson Will, but never got to spend much time at all with our baby Girl Georgie... but those memories are, and always will be so very, very precious...... through our kids she's always with us, miss ya Mum.

There's the lil' dude with my 2A on ...

[linked image]

And with his lil' Sis ... bless!!

[linked image]

1 meal

Again, sheer torture making choices on this one...I'm a true foody and took time out back in 2001 to attend Catering college where I trained to be a chef for a couple of years...Yep, I'm qualified and truly love to cook...it's an almost perfect extension of everything I do as a Joiner and Cabinet Maker.??????.....yeah, yeah . my food tastes like a pile of old 'sh.......avings' and can be a bit on the tough side ...bla bla!! happy.gif Seriously, the planning and execution in cooking is much the same in my mind as when designing/making a piece of Joinery or furniture or whatever it may be at the time. The organisation around actually making it and the final presentation of the piece or the food, two different mediums but very similar paths..... For me, the cooking is end of the day, unwinding, peaceful and generally accompanied by a good glass of something!! ..Can't do that on the machines eh!! wink.gif

Any ways, here it is - I cooked these for Kaz last year....

Start:
Griddled, diver caught scallops wrapped in Pancetta with black pudding and a sweetcorn puree.

[linked image]

Main:
Medium rare Fillet steak Rossini,Dauphinois potatoes, steamed baby carrots and asparagus with a wild mushroom and Madeira Jus...

[linked image]

Sweet:
Warm Chocolate Fondant with fresh Raspberies and a Vanilla cream.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! No pic.. not enough time to pause and shoot.... use ya imagination! wink.gif

And to drink.... A bottle of vintage Barolo or two! happy.gif

And if that's all just a little too ponsy Well, just stick that Fillet in between two slices of rough cut, fresh white bread with some well fried onions and.....jobs definitely a goodun!! happy.gif Still keep that Barolo in the mix though for sure!!!!! wink.gif

1 person
Cliched.....yep! .. The woman that changed my life forever...my beautiful Cheese & Kisses... Kaz wink.gif Couldn't be without her, don't ever want to be! xxxxx ....I mean look at her happy little 'boat race' when she got that Rob box.... never mind the fact that she was pregnant with our Son... that's my Gal!! ;)x

[linked image]

We can do the Fru Fru too Sanchez!! happy.gifhappy.gif
[linked image]

As Vinny Jones would say....... "It's been emotional" ... happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Rules: Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script. Do not post it. I will randomly pick someone.
Sunday evening at 9pm Chicago time I will announce the person. You post your script on Monday with all the blanks filled in.

From any replies, you then pick out of personal choice who you would like to read about. Your choice. Then, keep the ball rolling . The recipient picks. One a week, every Monday. Lets see whats in your mind!

Cheers wink.gif

[linked image] [linked image]

South coast - UK

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Robbie-Do
(Login Robbie-Do)

Great post fella!

September 27 2010, 1:04 PM 

Love the Stereophonics too.

You can see this has come from the heart.

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Rob (Melbourne, Australia)

Wear it,Use it.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

covac
(Login covactanks)
High Heid Yin

soppy puff :-) nt

September 27 2010, 1:14 PM 

z

'If you're having time problems I feel bad for you son ....I got 99 problems but a watch ain't one !'
hamcov.jpg
RIPBBQ

Respond to this message   

Chippy
(Login chippyjon)

******* Northern Monkey!! .... :) NT

September 27 2010, 3:48 PM 

Cheers wink.gif

South coast - UK

Respond to this message   

covac
(Login covactanks)
High Heid Yin

errrrrrr........Im neither from the North ......or the South .....

September 27 2010, 3:53 PM 

...i'm sort of 50/50 happy.gif

'If you're having time problems I feel bad for you son ....I got 99 problems but a watch ain't one !'
hamcov.jpg
RIPBBQ

Respond to this message   
Victor Boyd
(Login papillonvic)

Excellent Chippy ... great post ;-)))

September 27 2010, 1:23 PM 

Very nice ,

All the best,

Vic happy.gif

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   

adam s.
(Login WKU2004)

Cool DID !

September 27 2010, 1:34 PM 

Love these posts and congrats again, well done happy.gif

adam .313.

Respond to this message   

Chippy
(Login chippyjon)

Re: Well...somewhat overcast by the events of this weekend ...here's my D.I.D fellas >>>

September 27 2010, 1:51 PM 

I just want to know when you're going to this desert island? And why does your end of the day seem so different to mine??!! (Kaz sneaking in)

Cheers wink.gif

South coast - UK

Respond to this message   

Chippy
(Login chippyjon)

Cheeky monkey!! ..... What ya sayin' babe???? :):) nt

September 27 2010, 3:55 PM 

luggh

Cheers wink.gif

South coast - UK

Respond to this message   

Kostas
(Login Mignatta)

Great post mate...

September 27 2010, 2:15 PM 

.. but too emotional as the big guy said wink.gif

LONG LIVE Lemmy (the original one :P )but with all the girls he had in his life he will live long the bastard ;P

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

AndyH
(Login andyhunt)

Love ya style >

September 27 2010, 2:16 PM 

Catch up at the weekend

The Difference Between Impossible And Possible Lies In A Persons Determination

This message has been edited by andyhunt from IP address 213.123.207.140 on Sep 27, 2010 2:29 PM

Respond to this message   

Jpvfx
(Login Jpvfx)

I swear its the missing member of 'Bros' ....

September 27 2010, 2:41 PM 

In the Firenze pic wink.gif)
Love it - Chips-ster
Jp

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
Photobucket

Respond to this message   

covac
(Login covactanks)
High Heid Yin

LMBO ....'When , will I .....will I be Chippy !!!' ;-))))) nt

September 27 2010, 3:17 PM 

hamcov.jpg
RIPBBQ

Respond to this message   

Chippy
(Login chippyjon)

" I can't answer that....I can't answer that!! " ... :):) LMBO!!!! nt

September 27 2010, 3:47 PM 

lggh

Cheers wink.gif

South coast - UK

Respond to this message   

Charlie Wilbur, Northern Virginia
(Login chaswilbur)

Love your son's camo pants..

September 27 2010, 2:44 PM 

Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Charlie Wilbur
WAG MORE Bark Less!

Respond to this message   

Chris (London)
(Login Makrasika)

Good work mate. Now where did I put that Grolsch bottle top.....

September 27 2010, 3:24 PM 

Chris
London
YNWA

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To write against your name, He marks - not that you won or lost - But how you played the game." -
Grantland rice

"The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right" Mark Twain
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Chippy
(Login chippyjon)

Love it ... gotta keep that strap on m8.......as one Lesbian said to another! ...LOL :) nt

September 27 2010, 5:24 PM 

lkkh

Cheers wink.gif

South coast - UK

Respond to this message   

Chris (London)
(Login Makrasika)

LOL brilliant!!!

September 27 2010, 5:27 PM 

Chris
London
YNWA

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To write against your name, He marks - not that you won or lost - But how you played the game." -
Grantland rice

"The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right" Mark Twain
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

conorb
(Login bueschc)

Lemmy and fu-fu drinks

September 27 2010, 4:13 PM 

what's not to like. happy.gif

conorb

ggpc.jpg

scpanerai.jpg

Respond to this message   

Michael M.
(Login Mehall)

Wonderful Desert Island Post!

September 27 2010, 4:34 PM 

Loved it Chippy.

You are a very rich man - beautiful family!

Michael M.

Photobucket

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index