<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

"Hawaiian Time" in NYC- MANY thanks for the P-Day hospitality!! (ULTRA Long-winded)

September 30 2010 at 7:47 AM

Hawaiian Timer  (Login hawaiiantimer)
Paneristi
from IP address 66.91.84.159

Aloha,

Well... Internet was down at home these past few days, sorry so late in posting!!

I REALLY, and I mean REALLY was blown away with the hospitality and positive vibes felt from everyone there. Everything has already been mentioned in other's previous P-Day posts, but I am truly humbled with the level of Risti brotherhood shown.

Bernie and I really want to say THANKS so much for making this such a memorable experience for us. I personally will NEVER forget all of you and the time spent this past weekend. It was UNBELIEVABLE.

I do apologize for the many interrupted conversations I had with many of you, and I apologize for being a blithering idiot for 50% of the trip (it seems I slept the other 50%).

For their hospitality, I'd really like to thank: Mr. Eng Tay for allowing me to step foot on your property without calling security... Email pals TerryNJ (nice meeting Sue) and Ned Mansfield who have always made me feel like one of their own- great to finally meet you both in person. Hagen and Christian (sp?) for hand delivering straps. Davie- Sign my adoption papers. Jay Nakas and Carlos- We all needed Visine at some point. Luke and Brian- Bernie and I will have room service breakfast next time. Eric, Simmy, Socko, NeilD, Jassies, Cap, Eddie, Kevin, Gary, Bo, Gush, Sainthan (still don't know which Sainthan you are, LOL), Ride and Jen, the Rev Guille, Dan, MrLy, Thomas and everyone else I can't recollect- Good times!! DanNYC and Nilo- great job with the Bronx dinner. MikeM- Nice shorts!! Cooper- SORRY about that brah- poor form on me. Victor- Your bar rocks- sorry I didn't get to shake your hand (Or did I?) Ralf and Loris- Good Lord!! Calvin- thanks for making sure I got in the cab. Kim, I want to bite my ankles off. Gregko and Stacey- We only hung out for 30 seconds this time, but I'll never forget those 30 seconds =)). Mr. Parr- Thanks for showing us around the "hood"! Donnie and Aurelio- "What's up with...that??!!" Chad, Lindsey and Alex- Great to meet you! Brad T... You suck- but you've got a nice place, good wine and are only sort of an asshole =)). Addo and Neeraj= Ren and Stimpy. J-F- We're not friends, but you have good sprinting form. To those who so generously allowed me to try on those grails- Mahalos!! Glad I didn't drop em!! Retto- you'll never rep as many 12 ounce curls as I. Nad and Houda, Jay Pulli, Thorsten, Arif, Johann, Paul and Jo, Shella, Ralph... Great meeting you, I look forward to chatting more in the future. Kevin and Anu, I hope you guys make it out sometime soon. Max and Rob Montana- I'll see you guys in a week... Bernie... Sorry for bringing the street riff raff into our room at 6am Friday AND Saturday =)). You da best!! The Hawaii crew- you mullets. Love ya'll- hopefully we'll all attend one of these things someday together. Hammer, Lem, Mr. Arana and Chippy... I'll catch you guys on the flip side... You were all missed! Anyone else I forgot to mention- my sincere apologies!

Regarding picture quality. It seems being a natural idiot with a lack of any short term memory combined with an altered state of mind bodes poorly for bringing such items (like a camera) on a trip and then returning home with said items. A pal by the name of Jay Nakamoto has dubbed me "the Yard Sale". There's a few jackets and a credit card with my name on it still in NYC... My donation to the event...

I digress... Bernie's got some better quality pics of actual live people, so I'll defer to her once she returns home.

When I looked at this, I wasn't happy with the prospects of this flight...
Photobucket
A "quick" flight later... Where the F#$k am I?! No... seriously!
Photobucket
Finally, out of the dungeon...
Photobucket
HOLY MOLY!! A little different here than home... Sensory overload!!
Photobucket

A quick visit with Bernie and Terry to Eng's studio... Whoever nailed all those pics up did a crappy job... j/k Mansfield. =))
Photobucket
Photobucket
Damn!! Brad's place has a nice view... If I was King Kong, I'd hide in the Subway, and not on the Empire State...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Since Brad didn't actually let me IN to his place, I checked into the hotel. The Holiday Inn ROCKS!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Caught the bus to dinner... Welcome to Harlem USA
Photobucket
I looked high and low, and managed to find a few watches here in NYC...

This "232" looks funny...
Photobucket
Photobucket
There were 1 or 2 beat-up old Luminors at these gatherings
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And some really AWFUL examples of Radiomir... Ugh...
Photobucket
Photobucket
A distressed "341"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Boutique had some nice pieces that you've all seen...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was dreaming that these were hiding out in the back for me... =))
Photobucket
Photobucket
Really, for some reason, the rest of the trip seemed like a blur to me?!! And I'm guessing after looking at these pics, now it will for you too... Sorry. I guess that's how I roll...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Being one of the shortest guys there- I couldn't see anything over all these tall folk... Huh... Must not be missing anything... =((
Photobucket
Well, it was getting REALLY late/early... So I decided to head back to the hotel for some sleep. I ran into some THUGS...
Photobucket
Photobucket
One guy tried to steal my watch as he had done to MANY... I gave him a quick backhand to the head... He WON'T be trying that again!!
Photobucket
Couldn't make it home without running into more trouble... Lots of characters on the streets in the middle of the night...
Photobucket
Finally made it to my Hotel Room... Only... Errr... We Hawaii folk are pretty acommodating... And we LOVE our visitors...=))
Photobucket
Well, the rest is history... Again- if it looks like these pics were shot in the dark, in a bar, on the street... They were.
Here's an open invitation though... Anybody wanting to visit Hawaii one day... We'll be happy to return the Love and Aloha that you all showed us. That was the time of my life...!!!

Thanks for stopping by and reading!!

Much Mahalos,

G

photo-2-1-1-1-2.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

eric s.
(Login hkgweilo)
High Heid Yin

Hey brutha...sweet hanging out with you but you need better taste in shots.

September 30 2010, 7:57 AM 

Crown Royal is not where its at.

Respond to this message   

Jermaine
(Login siena112)
Paneristi

Nice photos...

September 30 2010, 8:04 AM 

I love the shaka wrist shots too.

0b168e05.jpg

Respond to this message   
niellaccio
(Login niellaccio)
Paneristi

stunning post greg !!! very nice pieces there!!!

September 30 2010, 8:32 AM 

cheers
niellaccio
daniele from italy

Niellaccio: Sounds good!!
[linked image] [IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

Paninari
(Login Paninari)
Paneristi

Yo man, whoozup

September 30 2010, 8:33 AM 

Lotsa streetcred from over here
happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Nice report Greg

Saluti
Paninari
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Danz James
(Login Kimodaz)
Paneristi

Greg what have you done?

September 30 2010, 8:49 AM 

Bernie will never be the same. I have to apologize to all the ristis who attended Pday. Greg forgot his meds back home in Hawaii. The only time he drinks in Hawaii is when he is awake. I hope the ristis around the world will still want to come see us in the islands after spending a weekend with Greg. Once passed out Greg is really easy to hang with. Just don't get in an elevator with him after a hard night of drinking.(right Rob?)
If you haven't realized it yet I couldn't make it to the Pday so being the vindictive SOB that I am it is only natural for me to give Greg a hard time.
In reality Greg is my bro over here and I am glad he/you had a great time in NY.
Thanks also to all the guys who have posted pics and stories for us who couldn't be there.
I had my toast to Bob and Hammer and almost felt I was there.
Looking forward to seeing Rob M in Hawaii in about a week.
And as always Hammer, Stay strong my friend.

Respond to this message   

Hawaiian Timer
(Login hawaiiantimer)
Paneristi

Aaargh...

September 30 2010, 8:49 AM 

Forgot Mr. Wilmsen- Loved hanging with you man... =))

Much Mahalos,

G

photo-2-1-1-1-2.gif

Respond to this message   
IrwanT
(Login capm74)

Great post, Greg !!!

September 30 2010, 9:11 AM 

thanks for sharing, buddy happy.gifhappy.gif

Cheers & cross my fingers,
Irwan

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Christian aka Holly
(Login watchfan2005)
Paneristi

Best blurry post in a long time, Greg ;-) It was gr8

September 30 2010, 9:22 AM 

meeting you in NY!! You see, that's what happens when you don't drive home with Hagen and me by taxi (as on Thursday... wink.gif).

Cheers,

Christian

Respond to this message   

hongT
(Login hongT)
Paneristi

Excellent Post Greg!!

September 30 2010, 9:37 AM 

Love those wrist shots!!!

wink.gif Cheers wink.gif

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Jimmy.
(Login jimmy6668)
Paneristi

Funny shots there bro, Obvious you had a good time though. :)

September 30 2010, 9:41 AM 

Respond to this message   

GUSH
(Login Gu5h)
High Heid Yin

Greg get some sleep brother >>>> pleasure meeting you and if >>>

September 30 2010, 10:03 AM 

you ever have a big GTG in your part of the world holla at your boy!

Had a great time mate and enjoyed our rather drunk but intense conversation bro.

Be well - GUSH

Respond to this message   

JZ365
(Login JZ365)
Paneristi

Very nice post Greg...

September 30 2010, 10:08 AM 

I have to hang with you next time brotha, fun times happy.gif

Cheers
Jose

Respond to this message   
steve krawse
(Login steveroadking)

It was a real pleasure to meet you Greg:)

September 30 2010, 11:05 AM 

So many great people and too little time to hang out. Be well my friend and stay in touch..Mahalos il amico:)

"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Steve in NJ (steveroadking)

BBQ360, 270,249,26,305 io sono vivo...so i ride

Arctic Circle, Alaska - Mile marker 0 Al Can Hwy, Alberta - Gros Morne NP, NewFoundland, - Death Valley NP, CA, Prudhoe Bay Alaska - Al Can Hwy in the Yukon Territory
[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   

Craig
(Login cooper09)

Greg I am still wondering how you found your way back to Hawaii!

September 30 2010, 11:18 AM 

seems you like thought were on the set of 'Lost' here in NYC!

It was nice to meet you and look forward to seeing you again! You had me laughing whenever I saw you!

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

ArifS
(Login samen)
Paneristi

So that's where Luke went >>

September 30 2010, 1:08 PM 

wink.gif

He's gonna have this memory for the rest of his lives now.

Good seeing you Greg and glad I did a "frequent flyers" time
with you, playa

happy.gif

Respond to this message   

Paul190H
(Login hjhph)
Paneristi

Great to meet you Greg.........

September 30 2010, 2:07 PM 

You had a pretty wild ride.You can recover in peace now fella, all the best.

[linked image]

[linked image]
"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into a even smaller hole,
with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose" Winston Churchill

Respond to this message   

TR
(Login TruRadiomier)

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing Brotha.

September 30 2010, 2:50 PM 

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   

adman7
(Login adman7)
Paneristi

Great post and pics! nt

September 30 2010, 3:00 PM 

Respond to this message   
Jay Nakakmoto
(Login jnakawave)
Paneristi

Mahalo you Crazy Hawaiian!!! Good to seeing you in NY

September 30 2010, 3:03 PM 

What up Yard Sale?

That's some funny $hite. Man of a few words. Lol

Great hanging with you and Bernie. Wish we could of hung out more. See you sometime soon back on the island.

Best Brah!!!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index