<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Buggered , Battered , Bruised , Busted & Beaten .... BUT >>>>>>>>

November 11 2011 at 8:46 AM

Hammer  (Login HammerHammer)
High Heid Yin
from IP address 121.208.118.93

I survived P-DAY 10, 2011 ,,,,,, U Bet happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Where do I start ??? .................. OK , maybe at the start u Clown lol wink.gif

For over a decade I have had so many magic moments and emotions on Risti.com. Saved my soul more than a few times for sure. Met most of the best mates I've EVER had here on the forum ,,,,, sharing our passion and love for our watches , families & M8's , ups and downs , highs and lows ,,,,,, felt the love at many GTG's. It's been a wild crazy ride that has enabled me to feel deeply so much more than just a watch wink.gif

The last 11 years has afforded us good times and bad. Fun and sadness , passion , pain and love happy.gifhappy.gif

On many occasions I was asked why don't you put on a GTG Down Under so we can come to visit Australia? I owe so much to so many that I just had to make this vision and dream a reality. 2 years ago , it was clear in my mind that if I don't just make it happen and wait too long , the chance could be gone sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif The HDU GTG (hamo down under) was the chance to finally see this dream come to fruition. Thus, the journey began.

At the start of 2011, there was no mention of plans for a PDAY and it was possible there actually would not be one this year some said , The PDAY tradition can never be broken and I thought to ask if any plans existed and was informed that @ that time nothing was certain sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

The idea to join the HDU GTG with a PDAY was a chance to make sure the tradition lives so more emphasis was placed to really make this event in paradise one that surely would be a once in a lifetime , u bet wink.gif

I know Hamilton Island and the Whitsunday's was a LONG way away for most. In reality its in the middle of almost nowhere , simply not just a few hours by plane by a LONG SHOT . Actually even so for the DU risti's. However, if we would do an event only ever once , we should do it in the most special and beautiful place I know. A place , for me , full of memories. Sadly, the distance and the strengthening Aussie dollar made it very hard for many to come and that does make me sad that more couldn't see and feel what we all did, albeit Volker's posts REALLY made it possible for many to at least feel the love laughter, smiles and passion from a distance  happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Not to mention this was NOT just a 1 day event or a dinner. It was 4-7 days of events , fun and activities. Wow , that's never been done B4 happy.gifhappy.gif

I started to get sick the days before the event and, during, it was hard. But finding the power to push on was easy , effortless. Now I think I will sleep for a month with the biggest smile on my dial wink.gif

FIRSTLY some "Thanks and Appreciation" to so many that made this dream a REALITY >>

At one moment during check in, the lobby of the reef hotel was packed. I pushed back just to take a mental picture. How proud I was of what we have done. The BEST was that I could see this pride in each and every Aussie Risti. It's a moment we will ALL share forever. We did this together. No one person more than another. The Aussie Crew were just AWESOME. They took ownership of the event and made each part special to them. Going forward it's the best that we DU Risti will remember. What , together  , we achieved - money can't buy that and would be crazy to even try wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Special thanks must go to :

Sig. Bonati

Antonius Kerssenbrock

Kevin Wang

To the event director a very heartfelt thanks and appreciation to our own E-Wit >> Eddie Wittenberg

YO EDDIE >>> M8 u bring new meaning to the Term M8 , it was all possible because of YOU happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Then EACH and EVERY DU Risti :

Frank

Amanda

Robbie

Winston

Wayne

Michael

Steve

John

Quentin

I'm sure I forgot someone (always wanted to be an Asshat) sorry if I did sad.gif

TO EVERYONE YOUNG AND OLD THAT CAME TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN ,,,,,, YOU WERE THE GLUE THAT HELD US TOGETHER !!

And a special meeting with a brother from another mother 6 years in the making , V POWER >>

VOLKER the KING of the DUNNERKEIL wink.gif

I was unable to participate in some of the activities as they were water and sand bound but a surprise came from this for me. I was able to sit back and watch from a distance. The event was never for me but rather to give my mates something that they would never forget. My accident has taught me that nothing in life is certain and if you don't STOP and just take the mental picture it's too easy to miss the memory. I found myself pushing back in a corner and just watching , what did I see ????

I saw people from all corners of the world come together because of a shared passion (obsession/addiction).  People from all walks of life. Different cultures , religions and languages marry together in paradise. It was , indeed  , amazing and I'm sure anyone who was here in person or in spirit felt and saw what I did. It was PERFECT happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Perhaps the most memorable moments came watching the little ones. Some spoke English, some did not. Some were younger than others and some were not. Some had different backgrounds but they all shared one thing ??

The universal language for all children >> FUN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

They found ways to communicate other than the English language and played, swam, ran, jumped, fished, snorkeled  ,, flew in helicopters , walked the reef , made crafts ,, got LOST , lol etc etc etc,,,, all sharing the language of FUN and there in , for me , and most here , was the true MAGIC of PDAY 10 ,,,,,,, so so so much more than just a Watch wink.gif

We all came together and made this once in a lifetime memory that we will all take to the grave. As far as I know , when we leave this life , we can not take a strap or even a watch (I'm sure gunna try but) lol. What we do take is our memories and I believe we depart richer for the memories we can take. The HDU PDAY GTG was one I know , 100% , we take with passion. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Looking at the images already posted and those that will follow ,,,,,, seeing the smiles , laughter , and indeed some tears , it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to think anything other than this experience was just that ,,,,,,, a memory forever in our heart mind and souls. I have heard that a few (who were not even at the event) have said some negative things about this PDAY and I just can't imagine how anyone could find such thoughts in a rational mind. It's a surprise to me that anyone could find a negative in this coming together of NOT JUST THE BOYS but the Partners , the Children and families all speaking that universal language of PASSION LOVE and ..... FUN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And @ the end a HUGE amount of $$ (details to follow) was raised to help disabled people be able to enjoy so MUCH More than they do now ,,,,,, with the sporting wheelies charity to receive all the proceeds raised >>> U wanna talk about a Win/Win ,,,,,,, that was deffo the CREAM on the cake. Tanks M8TES u ROCK happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

I find myself asking the same question ,,,,,,, Did what just happen REALLY Happen? U BET it DID wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I'll leave the images from those that have and will be posted to do the talking but for me these well stand out. Sometimes an image can speak more than a million words happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

A father has NEVER been so proud of a son as I was @ this moment >>

Not so sure about this one >>>

This one NOT so much >>>

Or a Daughter >>

Or a Husband proud of his Family >>

Or a mate I waited 6 years to see again ,, someone PLEASE turn off the bloody sun it's burning me eyes >>

BUGGER ME DEAD ANY CHANCE A BLOKE CAN GET A DRINK IN PARADISE >>

This one for the Guvner >>

Thorsten danke for trusting us with the rich German Heritage that is and will always be >> PDAY (even if it's a PWEEK) >> wink.gif

For me fwiw (milage will vary) this is the most REWARDING post I have been blessed to make in 11 years , I hope sincerely that everyone has a small taste of DU from the posts and images , our doors are always open , I'll meet u @ the airport happy.gif

Life can be so pleasant sometimes wink.gif

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer happy.gif

Xcuse the TYPO'S  ,, Sent from my iPad 2 happy.gifhappy.gifwink.gif
"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer happy.gif

Xcuse the TYPO'S  ,, Sent from my iPad 2 happy.gifhappy.gifwink.gif

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image]
[linked image]
Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This message has been edited by HammerHammer from IP address 121.208.118.93 on Nov 12, 2011 7:25 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
TC
(Login tchoo)

Words fail me bro....

November 11 2011, 8:51 AM 

Brilliant post.... I also enjoyed viewing every single one of the threads and pics on what must have been an awesome, once in a lifetime P Day happy.gif

Take care and stay strong happy.gif

Cheers!

TC

Respond to this message   

Tim John
(Login tevj)

Wonderful post mate, thanks for sharing....now get some bloody rest! (nt)

November 11 2011, 8:51 AM 

[linked image] ROCK ON MONKEY BOY![linked image] EVERYBODY WAVE FOR MONKEY BOY! [linked image] I SAY EVERYBODY DANCE FOR MONKEY BOY! [linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Zameen Zahari
(Login zameenzahari)
Paneristi

Brilliant post as always skipper! great pix, great report and best of all...great smiles>>

November 11 2011, 8:53 AM 

and joy all around.

Thank you for this mate!

Respond to this message   

GUSH
(Login Gu5h)
High Heid Yin

Twas a great dream m8, happy to be part of it and loved every minute....

November 11 2011, 8:55 AM 

big up to the DU crew, my Pam family is ever growing and the DU crew are right there at the top!

M8s is great for sure, never a truer sentence said!!

Memories I will keep forever - some of the best days, made richer for sharing them with family and friends.

Keep on keeping on Hammer - god bless!

GUSH

Respond to this message   

Thorsten Grothe
(Login PAM1A)
Paneristi

Alan, you know my feelings and I am so >>>

November 11 2011, 9:03 AM 

... happy that your dream came true.

And I am sure that you made some other peoples dream come true as well.

You and your crew have outdone yourself by hosting a wonderful, exciting and action filled P-DAY#10.

I solute you and raise my hat....fortunately all the reports and pictures made me be a part of the event allthough I had no chance to be there (special thanks to Volker, you´re a work-monster when it comes to Panerai wink.gif )

It is great to see the idea and spirit of P-DAY born 10 years ago lives on and will have a future.

Cheers to you, best

Thorsten
GERMANY

Respond to this message   
Jan J
(Login kutzi17)

I haven't met most of you but.........

November 11 2011, 9:04 AM 

Everytime I look at those GTG's it always put a smile in me. Hope you're feeling better Hammer! Hope to see the Risti' M8 all over!

Respond to this message   

hongT
(Login hongT)
Paneristi

Brilliant post bro! Hope can be a participant someday! ;-)

November 11 2011, 9:15 AM 

See you bro! wink.gif Best.

Cheers wink.gif
HongT

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Estrela
(Login jfestrelabr)

+1111111

November 11 2011, 4:01 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Robbie-Do
(Login Robbie-Do)
Paneristi

How can we follow that?

November 11 2011, 9:18 AM 

Easy - Thanks also go to you my friend. Your dream and vision provided the guidance and enthusiasm for all the rest of us.

If anyone has negative feelings, it's because they weren't there.

Massive thanks to all involved, i have memories that will last a lifetime:-)

Rob (Melbourne, Australia)

Photobucket

Watch by Panerai
Bike by Look
Hair by Gillette

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

E-Wit
(Login ewit)
Paneristi

Was an absolute pleasure and privilege ...

November 11 2011, 9:30 AM 

... it was just to be a small part of helping you make your P-Day dream come true. happy.gif

I, too, have memories that I will treasure for a life-time. happy.gif

Much love from T, E and myself. Always. happy.gif

Now our next project begins and you KNOW what I mean. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

L(uke)
(Login snoballz)
Paneristi

You rocked it, brother! Cheers to you too, E-Wit. (nt)

November 11 2011, 2:43 PM 

-luke

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Paninari
(Login Paninari)
Paneristi

This was not a P-Day

November 11 2011, 9:57 AM 

This was a P-week !!!
Great post Alan
& thx to all, posting pix from paradise.
happy.gif

Saluti
Paninari
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Michael from P-Day
(Login mirador)
Paneristi

Power Up Hammer

November 11 2011, 10:02 AM 

All for one and one for all. happy.gif

Serva Tempa
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Pats
(Login patStc)
Paneristi

Great post Alan

November 11 2011, 10:42 AM 

Nothing like your own family and extended family sharing the joy together. Great job for this unforgettable pday mate.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Chris Launder
(Login Chrisfrombyron)
Paneristi

Great post Alan ....

November 11 2011, 10:47 AM 

I think you have encapsulated the feelings of all who were there ....

This was my 1st P day and what a way to begin , I'm sure future ones
will be good but this one , my 1st and on home territory , will always
be special in my memories ..... even if I did get an Asshat award ,
or perhaps even more so because of it -happy.gif -happy.gif -happy.gif .

Thanks again for taking the initiative with this and especially also
to my fellow D U 'Ristis who put so much effort in helping pull it off .

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

And this one , when I 1st set on eyes Hamilton Island -happy.gif

[linked image]

Cheers .

Chris .

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

JZ365
(Login JZ365)
Paneristi

I could not have said it any better >>>

November 11 2011, 11:04 AM 

The opportunity to enjoy paradise with "Family" was simply priceless and the memories from this past week will stay with me forever happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif.

I want to say "Thank you" to the entire DU crew for all their hard work > fantastic job eveyone, to all the attendies & their families who came from across the globe, and last but not least to Hammer who's dream brought us all together !!!

I hope to see everyone again real soon happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

All the best
Jose

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Germán
(Login German2)

With such a good people

November 11 2011, 11:09 AM 

it was meant to be a BLAST happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif
Cheers.