from IP address 74.101.90.151

[Ring, ring; ring, ring. Ring, ring; ring, ring]

[Gush] Yo, Luke. Wake up, wake up.

[Me] Mmm yo.

[Gush] C'mon Luke, wake yo' ass up. C'mon

[Me] I'm up, I'm up.

[Gush] Luke, WAKE UP!

[Me] I'm up, WTF, man? What's up?

[Gush] C'mon now. It's quarter to six. We got the 7:30 flight.

[Me]Mmmmmm... Yeah

[Gush] Yo Luke, Luke, Luke

[Me] I hear ya dogg. I hear ya. Alright, 7:30.

[Gush] Yo, take down this information.

[Me] Ain't no pen.

[Gush] Tell your girl then to remember it or somethin'

[Me] Aight honey, yeah write this down.

[Gush] Aight, ummm, flight eight-one-five.

[Me] Eight-one-five

[Gush] Leaving Kennedy

[Me] Leaving Kennedy

[Gush] On the S-Y-D

[Me] Oh! O-Z??

[Gush] No doubt baby, you know we gotta get this paper.

[Me] Ahh, no doubt, aight.

[Gush] You aight?

[Me] I'm up, I'm up!

[Gush] Yo, Luke

[Me] I'm UP man

[Gush] Flight eight-one-five

[Me] Alright 7:30 I'ma meet you at the airport.

[Gush] Australia

[Me] Yeh...

P-Diddy may have flown together with Biggie to Cali but G-Diddy took his private jet and I ended up flying some start-up commercial airline to Oz.

Photobucket

G-Diddy's private crew.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The crew on Flight 815.

Photobucket

The pilot was pretty friendly though. He bought me a drink at the airport bar right before we took off.

Photobucket

Where have I seen these passengers before?!

Photobucket

Of course my seat is next to this guy...

Photobucket

Hell yeah!!! Love a woman in handcuffs. wink.gif

Photobucket

This dude is stocking up. Wonder whats up?!

Photobucket

Seriously?!?! Next time, NetJets!!!

Photobucket

WTF?!?! I must have been unconscious for awhile because I think the others managed to somehow get off the island. Even the pretty chic with the handcuffs...

Photobucket

When I finally came to, I tried my iPhone but there was no signal. No worries though. Aside from this black smoke that sometime appear and a hissing noise, the island is beautiful.

Photobucket

There are even abandoned houses that were built from some sort of "initiative".

Photobucket

Luckily I managed to find my carry-on bag intact with my belongings that I brought for this trip.

In the bag are my two watches. Since we were supposedly meeting some ballers, thought I'd wear something special with character and wrist presence. I don't subscribe to the idea that you can't/shouldn't wear a Luminor with a suit. The Fiddy, all 47mm of it, is the watch I usually wear when I suit up. wink.gif

Photobucket

As luck would have it, I brought along the JLC Incursion. Yeah, the relationship between the JLC BH Boutique and the US Navy SEALs may seem out of character but it is a symbiotic partnership. While the Navy SEALs benefit from the support of Jaeger LeCoultre /Richemont, owners of the Incursion have a rugged field tested tool watch.

Photobucket

I try my iPhone again but there is still no signal. So let me play some music to calm the nerves a bit. How about some Thelonious Monk or John Coltrane or some Miles Davis. Nope. Wow, there must be some sort of interference because all I could play are two songs.

Diana Krall's version of "S'wonderful". Love her sexy, silky voice. Her version of the song has always been a favorite of mine. Knowing this, my wife surprised me at our wedding by playing this song as she walked down the aisle.

Glad the album cover is still on the iPhone could be many lonely nights on this island. wink.gif

Photobucket

I love listening to classic and modern rock. The Who, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Guns & Roses filled my playlist but it seems to have been erased on this island. Found this video on my iPhone. It's of my two brother in-laws belting out Journey's "Don't Stop Believing".

But that's not the second song. Born in Brooklyn, I was a hard gangsta ever since I was a young kid growing up on the streets. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Photobucket

Anyway, I grew up listening to rap from the days of Grandmaster Flash and Run DMC. Then came rappers like Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, and Kool Moe Dee leading more modern artists like the Beastie Boys, Tupac, Biggie, Dre, Eminem, and Jay-Z. But I gotta give it up to the more esoteric like Erykah Badu, The Roots, Mos Def, and Talib Kweli. Common happens to be in that group and his song "Be" is my second song.

Photobucket

Some time has passed by. I keep hearing this damn hissing sound and see a trail of black smoke. Have no idea what to make of it. In any event, I found a cache of non-perishable food and meals-ready-to-eat (MRE) packets. I figure I should pass some time by reading a book. I truly enjoyed reading spy novels in the past and have read every Tom Clancy novel. However, these days, other than short stories and children's books, the last book I read was "The Bad Guys Won", which was about the escapades of the 1986 New York Mets. However, I did recently receive and luckily packed...

Photobucket

My eyes were getting tired from all the reading so I decide to watch a movie. Usually at home, I would repeatedly watch Godfather I & II. However, I don't have 'em on my iPhone. Instead I have another movie I watch quite often... "Lost In Translation" starring Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson.

Photobucket

Love the way some of the street scenes of Japan were shot. It really romanticizes Tokyo. There were some funny bits as Bill Murray's character Bob Harris is shooting a commercial for Suntory Whiskey. Another hilarious scene is of a dialogue between Bob Harris and an elderly Japanese woman who didn't speak or understand a lick of English as they were in the waiting room of a hospital.

Before I sleep, I look at the one photo that I always carry. The photo is of my son, Miles. This was taken in December 2010. What a badass! He is a true New Yorker.

Photobucket

Had to slip in a wristshot...

Photobucket

Looking at the photo of my son has me feeling lonely so I start thinking of my past. But my memory seems to be limited. I don't think it's the island. Ever since I was a little kid, I've had my share of spazzy moments. I was playing tag with my cousins when I got hit by a cyclist. This is a picture of me with a memento of the accident.

Photobucket

I've fallen off the coffee table on my tricycle trying to do an Evel Knievel stunt. I've also managed o fall down an escalator. The most scariest is falling out of a taxi cab. The door happened to swing open as it was in motion. Luckily for me, I had my feet hooked onto the front seat so I didn't fall completely out. I was just dangling and watching things pass by upside down. Then of course the infamous fall during PDay 9 in New York City. No need to remember that one.

Anyway, even after all of that trauma, I remember the best day of my life. Birth of Miles is definitely up there specifically when I saw the baby for the first time in the delivery room. However, this memory is of my wedding day. Without that, Miles may have only been another dream. I can't say enough how lucky I am to have met my wife, Alix and convince her to marry me. Some of you have met Alix and weren't shy to use your outside voice and say the same. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

The small clip of my brother-in-laws at the wedding singing along to "Don't Stop Believing" was just the beginning.

Even though I'm a good dancer (right, Hagen?... =P ), Alix and I did take a few lessons and hopefully it paid off. This clip is of our first dance.

Then there is this memory of the wedding. Alix's father and siblings had a surprise in store for us. You can hear Brad Trent shout something (at about 0:05)... and no, it wasn't a house.

Man, that was sure a great day in my life.

Well... a memory may soothe and fill the soul but it doesn't fill the stomach. So I made a deal with the smoke monster.

Photobucket

In return for the lifetime free travel that Oceanic will give me once I'm saved (the Man in Black apparently is getting tired flying around as a cloud of smoke), I get my favorite meal. It's the last meal I'd order if I was facing a lethal injection.

I asked for a porterhouse for two for one wink.gif from Peter Luger's, side of thick cut bacon and creamed spinach. A couple of years ago, I was part of a steak night club. A few of us would go out to a different steakhouse in NYC every month. It was an answer to my wife's book club, which meets every month. There are many steak joints in the area that offer nicer setting and wine selection (and take credit cards) but purely from the perspective of steaks, particularly the porterhouse, Peter Luger's continues to do it right and do it the best.

Photobucket

Given that I'm somewhat in a celebratory mood, I'll need some good stuff to wash it all down. A bottle of Dom Perigon and Veuve Clicquot to whet the appetite and then onto the wines. Back in 1976, there was a wine competition organized in Paris ("Judgment in Paris") where French judges blind tasted the very best of wines (white and red) in France and the best coming out of California. Long story short, the wines from California surprisingly won against its French counterpart.

Photobucket

For my fiftieth birthday, I'd like to recreate that tasting and for the past few years have been stockpiling Bordeaux's from France and Cabernet's from California. Most of them are in storage but I have some in the wine fridge. I stuck a bottle of the Jets Uncorked in there too. Let's see how the Jets do in that competition.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For dessert a nice bottle of vintage Port. As a side note, no people or animals were hurt as part of preparing for this Desert Island Dream. With that said, you'll notice that I have photos of a bottle of the 1977 Dow's Vintage Port. That was then replaced with a bottle of the 1994 Warre's Vintage Port since there was a small accident while I was grabbing my camera. D'oh!!!

Photobucket

With a stomach full of fantastic food and alcohol, I soon pass out. Times like this, you need a person like this guy to be pushing the code every 108 minutes.

Photobucket

The smoke monster must have duped me and put something in the food. I can't seem to get out of this haze and fall into a deeper trance. During which time, I realize that the one person I hold dear to me is my mom. I never had a good relationship with my father and in fact, I haven't talked to him in years. My mom on the other hand is the one constant in my life and always provides loving support. She trusts the decisions I make... even the dumb ones.

There is a photo above with me holding a plastic gun standing next to a girl. That girl happens to be my sister. Unfortunately, my sister passed at the age of 13 after fighting several years against cancer/brain tumor. I actually blamed myself for number of years for what happened. It must have been all the years of catholic school. =P

Now as a father, I just can't and do not want to imagine what it's like to outlive your child. My gut wrenches and eyes tear just typing this. Anyway, I dedicate this Desert Island Dream to my mom and my sister.

I hope and pray to see my mom enjoy many of her twilight years laughing and playing with her grandson.

Photobucket

It was all a dream...... or was it?! (I'm a whole helleva lot skinnier in my dreams.) wink.gif

Photobucket

The End

Thanks for taking the time to read my Desert Island Dream. I hope it was worth your time and that you enjoyed it.

If so, how about playing along? Post a reply and I'll pick someone late Monday night/early Tuesday morning (UTC/GMT -5 hours). Please do not reply with a Desert Island Dream. Have it ready to post next Monday, December 12th.

Cheers!

-luke

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

covac
(Login covactanks)
High Heid Yin

Epic DID Mr.T ....well worth the wait .... Thank you sir :-))) nt

December 4 2011, 8:42 PM 

X

'Last night what we talked about
It made so much sense
But now the haze has ascended
It don't make no sense anymore'
hamcov.jpgPhotobucket

RIPBBQ

Respond to this message   

Brad Trent
(Login photoboynyc)
Paneristi

Always a perfect SPAZ!!!

December 4 2011, 9:04 PM 

If it's any consolation, the '77 Dow's was probably not as good as the '94 Warre's, but boy, you are living up to your ASSHAT Award, aren't you?!!

And thanks for the "You bought them a house???" video...I haven't seen that one in a long-ass time!

BT

Respond to this message   

frankV
(Login FrankV1)

:o)) not only enjoyable, but more fun than going to a movie.

December 4 2011, 9:07 PM 

Governare lItalia non è impossibile, è inutile. (Giovanni Giolitti)

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Olster
(Login owenkel)
Paneristi

Wow, what a great DID mate! Had so much fun reading it... (nt)

December 4 2011, 9:13 PM 

X

Oliver
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfahlen, Germany

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Jpvfx
(Login Jpvfx)
Paneristi

Luke -

December 4 2011, 9:30 PM 

Epic post M8 wink.gif thought you might drag Brad out with that wine spillage wink.gif
Best
Jp

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
Photobucket

Respond to this message   

Michael from Melbourne
(Login mirador)
Paneristi

Loved it !

December 4 2011, 9:31 PM 

Great job Luke, thanks for taking the time to put this together happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Serva Tempa
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Paul190H
(Login hjhph)
Paneristi

Luke, that was great mate, made me laugh. But.....

December 4 2011, 9:35 PM 

A) You are one clumsy bugger happy.gif
B) You invited BT to your wedding?? Great comment though.
And C) Loved the Journeys clip......
Fantastic DID mate!!

[linked image]
[linked image]

[linked image]
"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into a even smaller hole,
with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose" Winston Churchill

Respond to this message   
steve krawse
(Login steveroadking)

In your dreams, you are one crazy guy!

December 4 2011, 9:41 PM 

LOL happy.gif Fantasic work!!!. ..TARD first dance is now fully protected on Copyright grounds from MelodyMusic...thank God I don't have to watch your clumbsy ass dance:)

"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Steve (steveroadking)
249,305,270,339,BBQ360

Richardson Hwy, Valdez, Alaska-- The Brooks Range via Dalton Hwy Alaska--Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse Arctic Ocean Alaska--Dawson Cr, Mile Marker '0' Alaska Canadian Hwy Alberta Canada--Yukon Territory, Al Can Highway--Crossing the Yukon River via The George Black Ferry from Dawson City--Poker Creek, population 2, furthest northern border crossing in Alaska. The Forty Mile River Region/Top Of The World Highway

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   

E-Wit
(Login ewit)
Paneristi

HUGE !! :-))

December 4 2011, 9:47 PM 

Fantastic, bro. Really enjoyed the video of Alix family singing at your wedding. happy.gif

Was a pleasure flying with Sully. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Much love, my friend. happy.gif

happy.gif

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

RIDE
(Login rideamountain)
Paneristi

Loved it Luke!

December 4 2011, 9:58 PM 

That was a lot of fun!!!

RIDE

Communitysmall.jpg

[linked image]

There is no doubt that getting older is mandatory, but to mature remains still optional...

Respond to this message   

Rahul
(Login dukerules)

Awesome Luke!

December 4 2011, 9:59 PM 

Enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for sharing.

[linked image] [linked image]
Chapel Hill, NC

Respond to this message   

Jim (time4me)
(Login time4me)
Paneristi

Luke, that is a masterpiece! Mr. Holland's Opus right there!

December 4 2011, 10:01 PM 

Dude, that was epic! Made my day!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim (time4me)

"It is not so much how you manage the successes but how you withstand the crisis."

GGPCLOGOFINAL.jpg  hammergtgsmall.jpg  MLD2.jpg  PowerUp.jpg ekso.png

Respond to this message   

Action Dan
(Login action--dan)
Paneristi

Best DID ever...

December 4 2011, 10:37 PM 

A great read ! Love it all the way happy.gif

Thanks for sharing,

All the best,

Dan

Respond to this message   

Fred
(Login red1108nyc)
Paneristi

Re: Desert Island Dream - "LOST - Cutting Room Floor" Edition

December 4 2011, 10:49 PM 

Great one Luke... I particularly can relate to the Peter Luger experience and the Arajuo.. phenomenal.. I am sure your sister is smiling looking down on you and miles..

Best,

Fred

Respond to this message   

Socko
(Login porsche-964)
Paneristi

Great DID Luke-- I didn't know you carried a man purse at such an early age!

December 4 2011, 10:51 PM 

Photobucket

Respond to this message   

Polleke
(Login Paul-Belgium)
Paneristi

Great DID and read Mr Luke

December 4 2011, 10:58 PM 

Great Family and story

HAGWE
Polleke

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Craig LA
(Login 996TTx50)

Outstanding!!!

December 4 2011, 11:20 PM 

Regards,

Craig LA

"There are three types of people in the world -- those who can count, and those who can't." ~Warren Buffet

[linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   
Barams
(Login barams)
Paneristi

Awesome Luke! Great Diddy

December 4 2011, 11:27 PM 

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

charles
(Login CharlesLC)