<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

*** SIHH 2012: SIHH Live Report, part 4

January 16 2012 at 4:38 PM

paneristi.com SIHH Team  (Login hkgweilo)
High Heid Yin
from IP address 46.14.197.62

So, onto part 4:

Let's look at the historical luminor collection.

First up is the PAM423, which is a 47mm luminor with a power reserve indicator.

I think it's an interesting combination. I suspect some may question adding the PR to the dial, but it doesn't look bad. Just different. I suspect not all of Panerai's customers care as much as us fanatics about historical correctness or not.

SIHH-10.jpg

Then, we have the PAM422 which was announced late last year. This model, based on the p3001 movement, is a regular production model, like the 372, but featuring a sub-seconds dial. Unlike the 372, the 422 features a power reserve indicator on the back of the watch:

SIHH-13.jpg

SIHH-12.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, Ceramic is coming back in a big way. The PAM441 features the arabic numeral dial (as on the PAM359) but in a ceramic case. I'm not sure I like the word 'Ceramic' on the dial. We know what it is. No disrespect to the designers but I hope that doesn't find it's way onto the final version.

The back features the smoked glass (as on the 317 and 335) to show off the movement.

SIHH-19.jpg

Then comes the PAM438. This one is interesting. Aside from a ceramic case, it comes with an ALL CERAMIC bracelet. This is not some coated titanium or something similar, this is all ceramic (exception being the clasp). Super light and super comfortable.

SIHH-26.jpg

SIHH-27.jpg

The movement is PVD coated...not smoked sapphire. With the engraving in gold and a gold lettered rotor. HOT!! happy.gifhappy.gif Price was hinted to be around $16-17k USD. But that's UNOFFICIAL.

SIHH-20.jpg

Panerai did expand their super-complication offerings this year with a cermaic-cased tourbillon, the PAM396. Like its steel or titanium brethren, it comes in at 48mm. Like the 441, this one states 'Tourbillon' across the dial.

SIHH-21.jpg

One small detail is instead of a lone 'dot' to represent the tourbillons movement, they've changed to a graphic to make it a bit easier to read and get a sense of the rotation. Small change but one I liked.

SIHH-50.jpg

However, the back features a beautifully crafted movement, PVD coated like the 438 and with gold accents. Stunning!

SIHH-51.jpg

SIHH-23.jpg

Next up...the non-ceramic SE's....including the ones you've been waiting for...

Photobucket

This message has been edited by hkgweilo from IP address 46.14.197.62 on Jan 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

TR
(Login TruRadiomier)

Thanks for the report.

January 16 2012, 4:55 PM 

happy.gif

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   

dp
(Login fullcourt1)

thanks for the report

January 16 2012, 5:11 PM 

[linked image]
dp
just living the dream
chicago

Respond to this message   

Jpvfx
(Login Jpvfx)

Gee, now I know where all the Assolutamente straps went ....

January 16 2012, 5:31 PM 

wink.gif On all the new watches ...

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
Photobucket

Respond to this message   

Anders
(Login scuderia-f1)

Thanks for the report!

January 17 2012, 6:08 AM 

I really like that 422.