<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How to login and post here....

January 20 2012 at 4:47 PM

Micah  (Login micah249)
from IP address 99.60.149.100

So here you are on the paneristi.com public forum, the best general-purpose Panerai forum in the world, and after a few months/weeks/days/hours/minutes/seconds of reading the forum... you feel the urge to post something... how do you do it?

Here's the quick, easy steps, complete with pictures happy.gif

Text is in red so it's easy to tell what is part of the tutorial vs. what is part of a picture within the tutorial.

Step 1: First of course you have to get here... www.paneristi.com, then click on the "Public Forum"... which begs the question... if you're reading this you must have already figured at least that much out, so why is it in the tutorial? Just an excuse to show off a Martin pic I guess happy.gif

[linked image]

Step 2: If all you want to do is read the forum and never post anything, a.k.a. lurk, you can stop here. Unlike many forums you do not have to register or log to read posts on paneristi.com.

But... if you want to take a more active approach (trust me you do!) and add stuff to the forum then you have to "log in". Logging in requires that you have a Network54 account. Network54 is the forum host used by paneristi.com and many other forums so if you've ever posted on a Network54 hosted forum you can use the same account for paneristi.com.

If you have a net54 account and know the name and password for it click "log in" as seen below and follow the steps.

----- If you do NOT have a Network54 account skip to Step 4 -----

[linked image]

Step 3: Now you're at the login page so... log in!

[linked image]

Step 4: If you have never posted on a Network54 forum or you can't remember any of your info from that one time you posted something 5 years ago...you'll need to create an account.

Click "Create Account".

[linked image]

You will be immediately taken to the account creation page. Here you will enter the info for your account. I suggest that unlike our boy hardesterwoolybrain below you subscribe to the motto "less is more" with your Login name.

I don't need password reminders or net54 monthly newsletters, so I set up my account accordingly.

After agreeing to the network54 terms of service (which you read oh so carefully.... right?) click "Create Account".

[linked image]

Step 6: Unless you messed something up, which they will let you know about, you will be taken to the Login page. Enter your account login name and password and click "Login now"

[linked image]

Step 7: At this point you should be punted automatically back to the paneristi.com Public Forum. You should now see your login name in the top left corner and the "Post new thread" link in the top right corner of the forum. If you're inclined to post (which is the main reason for having an account in the first place) click on "Post new thread".

[linked image]

Step 8: This is where it gets a wee bit tricky, so refresh your beverage, clear your mind and pay just a smidge of attention here, the following items can make or break your post... up to and including deletion.

First you'll see this page... FEAR NOT! We'll work right through this.

[linked image]

First, in the "Your Name" field enter... your name.

NOTE: Your name and your Login are NOT the same thing! See below.

[linked image]

Behind every post is the NAME of the person who made the post (see below).

No, it doesn't have to be your "real" name and it doesn't have to be the same as your Login id... it doesn't even have to be a name at all, you can post as "Drill Battery" if you want... but whatever it is it should be a consistent identifier that you go by every time you post. If you use multiple names to post under it will A) annoy people to death and B) probably earn you an email from a moderator asking you to knock it off, or worse depending on your behavior.

[linked image]

Your LOGIN is the identifier of your Network54 account. Whenever you click on a post you can see in the upper right corner the NAME the person is posting under and then in parentheses their LOGIN... two different things, see below.

[linked image]

OK, so, moving on.... In the "Your Email" field you must enter an email address. It says "Optional" underneath, but the rules of this forum require an email address for contact purposes otherwise your post is subject to deletion. It takes all of 10 minutes to set up an email account on Yahoo, Gmail etc. that you can use for things like forum posting etc., it's common internet good sense to have an email address dedicated to this kind of activity.

[linked image]

Now it's time to enter your Message title (the subject line of your post) and your actual post, whatever it may be.

[linked image]

If you like what you've entered, you have a cool name, your email address is live, your title is good it's time to hit.... PREVIEW!!!! There is NO edit function on this forum, so right now before you post is your single chance to re-read and edit your ramblings. Take advantage of that chance, hit that Preview button please for all our sanity! If you still like your post, THEN hit the post button.

This might also be a good time to REVIEW THE FORUM RULES.... it's not that long a read and will save you trouble later about shilling etc.

[linked image]

One last thing... do you want a cool signature at the bottom of your post? Some poetry, or a picture of your watch or something? It's easy to do, just click the "Formatted Text Signature" link at the bottom of the page (just above the preview button) and enter whatever you want as your signature, including proper HTML code for pictures (see my tutorial on getting your pics to show up here, in the Archive section). If you have cookies enabled in your browser (if you're not sure then you probably already do) your signature should automatically appear every time you post.

[linked image]

That's about it folks, have fun and post great content!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paddy
(Premier Login Kingsholm14)
High Heid Yin

Micah, thank you so much for your efforts. So clear and understandable nt

January 20 2012, 5:05 PM 

This message has been edited by Kingsholm14 from IP address 71.155.231.136 on Jan 20, 2012 5:05 PM

Respond to this message   

Meric
(Login meric2)
Paneristi

Yeah, but can you redo it with *new* header logo screen shots?

January 20 2012, 5:08 PM 

I mean, it's already outdated!

happy.gif

Great stuff Micah!

Cheers...

Michael

Paneristi_Logo_Sig.jpg

Respond to this message   

Micah
(Login micah249)

It's not outdated, it just has awesome patina ;-) [nt]

January 20 2012, 5:10 PM 

Respond to this message   

Meric
(Login meric2)
Paneristi

Love it!

January 20 2012, 5:11 PM 

HAGWE!

Cheers...

Michael

Paneristi_Logo_Sig.jpg

Respond to this message   

Paul190H
(Login hjhph)
Paneristi

Well said Micah, can't have anyone..........

January 20 2012, 5:15 PM 

critisizing the "P" Dial happy.gif

[linked image]
[linked image]

[linked image]
"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into a even smaller hole,
with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose" Winston Churchill

Respond to this message   
bo
(Premier Login Paneristiadmin)
Owner

DID SOMEONE ASK FOR BO-TINA!!!

January 21 2012, 3:00 PM 

i got it RIGHT HERE, mate.

bo

Respond to this message   
Jeff Kratchman
(Login jak112460)

Can't post

August 29 2017, 5:57 AM 

I cannot post of the discussion boards or classifieds. Did I mess up?

Respond to this message   

Gregesq
(Login Gregesq)
Paneristi

Micah, great as usual! nt

January 20 2012, 5:15 PM 

[linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   

dp
(Login fullcourt1)
Paneristi

nicely done

January 20 2012, 5:44 PM 

[linked image]
dp
just living the dream
chicago

Respond to this message   

JZ365
(Login JZ365)
Paneristi

Thx Brotha ;-) [nt]

January 20 2012, 5:44 PM 

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Asi
(Login Asimut)
High Heid Yin

Micah, it works

January 20 2012, 6:24 PM 

I let my wife, who is the most computer challenged person in the northern hemisphere (her own words, understated if you ask me) read it and she said there is a slight chance she could actually join in happy.gif

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Respond to this message   

Paddy
(Premier Login Kingsholm14)
High Heid Yin

We can only allow one from the Holyland Asi. The Lord prefers Casio and we prefer your

January 21 2012, 3:37 PM 

Wife!
Go back to work. Your forum is unsupervised xxxx

Respond to this message   

H2Finally
(Login H2Finally)
Paneristi

Awesome tutorial as always M8! :) nt

January 20 2012, 6:54 PM 

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   
drac