<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I finally DID it!

January 30 2012 at 8:59 AM
Shella  (Login shella10)
from IP address 108.14.227.148

After a long day at work, I go home, got myself a drink and plopped myself on the couch. I grabbed my phone and started to check emails when one from a sender I don't remember caught my eye. I opened it up and this greeted me:

[linked image]

I thought, What spam website did I put my info in again this time? I almost deleted it but decided to call the number listed. Talked to the guy who picked up and he told me to be at Pier 360 first thing in the morning. I said, "Is this for real? He said, "Youll find out tomorrow."

I show up bright and early the next day and almost couldnt believe my eyes when I saw the ship that will take me on a full on, all-expense paid trip around the world!

[linked image]

Quickly got on board and settled into my new digs. After a few hours of being at sea, the captain announced that we were at our first stop and since the weather was beautiful, I should partake of the water activities they had available. Decided to try my hand at paddleboardng.

I set my sights on one of the islands in the distance and started my adventure.

[linked image]

Almost there!
[linked image]

I thought the island was deserted but found that it was inhabited by strange people laid out on the beach. I think this is their sun-worship position.

[linked image]

Beside him sat a basket and something glistening caught my eye. I reached in a grabbed it as the man awoke. I hightailed my way outta there but not before I turned back and proudly displayed my catch.

[linked image]

Got back on my board and paddled back to the ship. I didnt realize I went out so far.

[linked image]

All of a sudden, a giant wave came out of nowhere. I said to myself, "Thats what you get! Karmas a b*tch aint it?"

[linked image]

I tried to ride the wave as much as I can but before long, I tumbled into the water. After tossing around for what seemed like an eternity, I found myself in a deserted beach with the finest white sand between my toes.
[linked image]

2 watches

BBQ360. I hardly go anywhere now without this watch. It represents this great community and I hold it very close to my heart.
[linked image]

Since the Bronzo caused all this trouble, I might as well sit and admire its beauty.
[linked image]

2 songs

For me, there is no song in this world that elicits more emotions than Man In The Mirror. Make that change. Doesnt have to be big, but a little goes a long way. Love him or hate him, Michael Jackson is the greatest. EVER.

Flo Rida - Good Feeling
All I need to do is turn this song up, close my eyes, and Im transported back to PDay DU. Unforgettable .

1 book
Gullivers Travels. This book made my imagination run wild as a kid. Loved it then, still love it now.
[linked image]

1 movie
Forrest Gump. I've seen this movie countless times but when I catch it on TV, I still sit and watch until the end. Even though I have it on DVD and Bluray.
[linked image]

1 photograph
Since some of us live here in the US and some are still based in Manila, it's not often that we have the entire family all together. This picture of us taken last year in San Francisco when my sister and parents came to visit. I love my family very much.
[linked image]

1 memory
PDay DU and the rest of my trip around Australia. Can't say enough about it, truly one of the best times in my life.
[linked image]

1 meal

One meal? Man, if were connected on FB you would know that this girl can EAT! How can I pick only one meal?

Ok, maybe for starters, Philly Cheese steak from The Bazaar, burrata and toast, some dim sum and sushi.
[linked image]

First course: Pecking duck crepe from AIX, Umami burger and Halal from 53rd and 6th in NYC.
[linked image]

Gotta have some Filipino food too! Red hotdogs, Taho (warm, soft tofu with sugar syrup and boba), crispy fried pork washed down with local beer.
[linked image]

But being the steak lover that I am, if I can only have one last meal, a bone-in filet, side of potatoes, mac n cheese, and some good cabernet sauvignon would have to be it. Then dessert plus a shot of espresso to cap everything off. PERFECTION. Any of the two steaks will do.

Mastro's
[linked image]

Bobo's
[linked image]
1 person

My mom sometimes had to be both mother and father when he was out for months on assignment. She kept us in line, raised us to become who we are now, all while still managing to have a very successful career makes her a superwoman in my book. Moms are the best! Shes a bit of a comedian too! Now you guys know where I got that gene from.
[linked image]

Thanks for reading my DID! I hope you guys and gals enjoyed it! If you'd like to be chosen for the next one, reply below and I'll choose one within the next few days.

Shella

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paddy
(Premier Login Kingsholm14)
High Heid Yin

Great DID Shella. Boy can you eat. However, one meal, not one months supply ... No wonder

January 30 2012, 9:35 AM 

Your mother had to work!

Respond to this message   

Zameen Zahari
(Login zameenzahari)
Paneristi

Awesome DID Sista...very nice and those food pix made me hungry instantly!!enjoyed it >>

January 30 2012, 9:39 AM 

Very much!! Thanks for the DID!!!

Respond to this message   
NachoM
(Login NachoM)

WoW Shella! Excellent DID! Enjoied it all! THANKS for sharing

January 30 2012, 9:48 AM 

Best food section EVER! LOL!
GRACIAS!!!

You are a true risti!!!

Respond to this message   

Seth
(Login Horologyx)

Beautiful story...

January 30 2012, 9:58 AM 

Thank you for sharing your story here. Took my mind away from from my mundane taskings and allowed my imagination to take over. Great pieces of PAM you have. Cheers!

Respond to this message   

Chinanico
(Login Chinanico)
Paneristi

Nice story Shella, love it! (nt)

January 30 2012, 9:59 AM 

Photobucket

Respond to this message   

E-Wit
(Login ewit)
Paneristi

Love it, Shells. Shrimp is the fruit of the sea ...

January 30 2012, 10:46 AM 

... You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... That's, that's about it.

Love all the P-Day references too. wink.gif

happy.gif

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login HammerHammer)
High Heid Yin

Just WOW Pare (in the famine form lol) !!!!!! 11/10 DID !!!!! (nt)

January 30 2012, 11:53 AM 

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image]
[linked image]
Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Respond to this message   

Santos, Andy
(Login AndySIII)
Paneristi

Awesome post, Shella!

January 30 2012, 12:36 PM 

I especially like the pics of the Pinoy dishes, sarap!

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine - Elvis Presley

Respond to this message   

H2Finally
(Login H2Finally)
Paneristi

Wonderful DID Shella! :))

January 30 2012, 12:40 PM 

My mom's very special to me too happy.gif))

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   
Tristan
(Login TRISTAN29)
Paneristi

What a excellent and funny post, Thanks Shella,

January 30 2012, 12:55 PM 

Respond to this message   

L(uke)
(Login snoballz)
Paneristi

I'm not so surprised that would be one meal >>>

January 30 2012, 1:14 PM 

after seeing what you put down this weekend. wink.gif

That was a very thoughtful DID and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nice to see you on Saturday and best of luck!

-luke

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
TC
(Login tchoo)

Really enjoyed this DID post, Shella...

January 30 2012, 1:48 PM 

... thanks!

But that "last meal" could have fed an entire village happy.gif

Cheers!

TC

Respond to this message   

GUSH
(Login Gu5h)
High Heid Yin

You DID a great job Shella - BTW... it said one meal...

January 30 2012, 2:03 PM 

not five!! Where you hiding them calories girl : )))

Love the post, wonderful.

GUSH

Respond to this message   

Phil
(Login pp5120)
Paneristi

Nicely done Shells!

January 30 2012, 2:18 PM 

Fun read!
Love how you stole the bronzo!

[linked image]

Respond to this message