<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone own a Dangerous 9 ammo strap?

August 1 2012 at 2:40 PM
Mike  (Login MizeAtl)
from IP address 199.44.8.162

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new here and I'm thinking about a new strap for my lone PAM 000. I own a couple nice GSD straps and I'm ready to try another maker.

I don't own an ammo strap yet and was thinking about getting a Dangerous 9 with a date stamp from my birth year. Anyone own a Dangerous 9 ammo and have any comments on it? They look terrific as far as quality/craftsmanship and John seems very nice and helpful. I guess I'm just wondering opinions since I don't see much commentary or many forum photos of his straps.

Also, anyone have any other great recommendations for an ammo or nice vintage style strap for a 000? Must admit that the Simona Allegrini Gamma is on my short list.

Thanks a bunch.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Tokyoristi)

Recommendations? Sure >>>

August 1 2012, 2:49 PM 

Get THE AMMO STRAP.

And say "ADEEOS" to the rest wink.gif

[linked image]

My opinion of course, just sayin' wink.gif

Jason

Respond to this message   

(Login mikefarha)

yep

August 1 2012, 10:53 PM 

3 on
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

5 more 27 mm and one 24 mm not pictured too lazy to pull it out....
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

(Login TokyoSkier)

My first ammo was from Dave, and...

August 1 2012, 4:17 PM 

I love it! He was a pro all the way and very helpful as it was my first order-made strap. Got one with leather a little older than me, though, and I like that it is stamped. Also liked having the option to chose from his various samples. Have nothing but good things to say about the craftsmanship - and the smell is amazing! Though be warned, that smell rubs off. Your wrist will have some gun powder smell to it, lol!

If I have one regret, I went 130/90 (if I recall correctly) and I think 140+ would have been better. Then again, I have 7.5 inch wrists and it seems like more tail is better for many here.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Eric

Respond to this message   

(Login abunai)

D9 straps are amazing...

August 1 2012, 8:03 PM 

When I was in the market for an ammo strap, I was shopping for something that looked rustic and showed some character. I selected a pouch that had a non-uniform color, showing different shades of brown and even some gunpowder residue. His ancient swiss ammo pouches are something that no one else offers and the touches he puts on the straps are amazing. He incorporates different parts of the pouch into your strap, giving you more character than you could ever imagine, and putting his straps in a different league altogether. Now his style may not be for everyone but what sold me was having a strap made from a pouch 60-100 years old, stamps that had some story behind it, an indescribable mesmerizing smell, and that gorgeous non-uniform rustic look. The best part however was the buying experience you get when working with John. He goes above and beyond to ensure you are getting the strap you want. From choosing the right pouch color, to the hole locations, to the stitching color, his expertise, time, and attention he provides is bar none.

Enough of the rant, here's some crappy iphone pics I took of two of his pieces....
Note the details he puts into the keepers and strap by using the original stitchings from the ammo pouch. Just love all the intricate details.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Pritam
(Login pdutta2000)

big fan of John and D9 straps...

August 1 2012, 8:13 PM 

I've looked and looked for the perfect ammo and finally found D9. I loved them so much...I bought 2. The process was great, John is very attentive and gives appropriate suggestions. I told him I wanted to match my 390 and he found the perfect brown with gold thread to match.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login MizeAtl)

Thanks for the replies

August 2 2012, 1:22 AM 

Thank you for all the replies. It's nice to hear all the great opinions because the photos of John's work on his blog look beautiful. Also thank you to Eric for sending me all of the additional pictures.

Hard choice now. I have the immediate budget for one nice strap. Have to choose between a Dangerous 9 ammo, a Micah Mauser and a Simona Allegrini Gamma diver strap(I know, not an ammo but still looks killer!).

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Anyone own a Dangerous 9 ammo strap?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index