OT: What Else Do You Collect?January 31 2013 at 6:50 PM
Craig LA (Login 996TTx50)
from IP address 126.96.36.199
While our love of Panerai is the common thread that brought us to P.Com, most (if not all) of us covet and/or collect other items. During his interview, Covac talked about his affinity for CP Company and Stone Island jackets (he has over 50). Recently several people have posted photos of their pen collections. In the past, Ristis have posted photos of their knife and gun collections. Other than watches, what else do you covet and/or collect . . . what do you have more of than you need because you have an affinity for the item.
1. Denim jeans (particularly selvedge) -- I am not a purist, as I prefer washed/distressed denim to raw denim -- I know that is blasphemy to some, but I do not have the opportunity to wear my jeans enough to wear them in from raw to worn naturally.
2. Leather jackets -- this is a particularly ridiculous affinity for me given that I live in Southern California, where the opportunities to wear leather are few and far between.
3. Flannel shirts -- again, rather silly given my local climate, but I love em (several Japanese brands, RRL, LVC, etc).
4. Sun glasses -- at least this is climate appropriate.
So what else do you collect? What do you have an affinity for?
"There are three types of people in the world -- those who can count, and those who can't." ~Warren Buffet
Re: OT: What Else Do You Collect?
|January 31 2013, 7:14 PM |
pens.... Omas, Delta, Visconti, Montblanc, Nakaya and on... Back over 70 so I'm in trouble with the boss again....
I'm am sure there are other compulsives I have, probably easier to say what I don't collect.....
|January 31 2013, 7:25 PM |
Good idea Craig, after all these pen post I have been staring at pens online for hours.
What I collect besides watches:
1. Guns - No real direction or method but do prefer Browning, Remington and Colt.
2. Knives - Mainly pocket knives. I had a few passed down from my great grandfather and it started my collection.
3. Columbia fishing shirts - Very appropriate for my life here in Florida.
4. Sunglasses - Polarized and mostly Costa and Maui Jim, again very appropriate for Florida.
5. Recreation Vehicles - I love boats, atvs(quads) and dirt bikes.
Public / Paneristi members
Starbucks City Mugs. (Sad? Moi?). Am up to 28 so far from all over the world.
|January 31 2013, 7:38 PM |
Most far-flung mug is probably from Denver, or maybe Guatemala, or Taipei perhaps.
As long as you don't drink what they call a coffee nobody will blame you
|January 31 2013, 7:46 PM |
|January 31 2013, 7:48 PM |
Greetings from Belgium
Cool idea. Just from places to which you've traveled? nt
|January 31 2013, 10:52 PM |
what else do i collect aside my watcher?
|January 31 2013, 7:50 PM |
1. Dupont lighters and other cigar accessories
2. Sunglasses (particularly Chrome Hearts)
3. used to collect knives but ended up giving most of them away...
Pam219; Pam368 (Pam382; Pam112 & Rolex GMT MasterII - gone)
Does thousands of books count if they're not rare nor precious ?
|January 31 2013, 7:56 PM |
Just the pleasure of the read ...
For the idea, the small wall of books in the office I have at home
Looks like you're good for a week....maybe two. ;)
|January 31 2013, 10:46 PM |
Of course that counts! I cant seem to keep mine though. I keep giving them away.
|February 1 2013, 1:08 AM |
1st edition.... Rare Books with Rare Bindings, (Falconry Books)
|February 1 2013, 1:33 AM |
Talk about a consumptive obsession !!
That and Six other categories of items make up some collections I have......
Smoking pipes and rare tobaccos......
|January 31 2013, 7:57 PM |
Does anyone smoke a pipe anymore....?
|January 31 2013, 10:29 PM |
Charlie Wilbur, Northern Virginia
|February 1 2013, 5:02 AM |
I have two, traditional American, and a friend bought me a cool one from turkey in the shape of a man's head. A have tried several blends of pipe tobacco, it's so much more fun, relaxing, and yes, offensive, than cigars..
WAG MORE Bark Less!
|February 1 2013, 6:05 AM |
I've been smoking and collecting smoking pipes and rare tobacco. I'm in So Cal, if youre anywhere near by lets roast!
Lol, I couldn't be further away. Cheers. I'm smoking an older Nightcap in a Bang freehand.
|February 1 2013, 10:04 PM |
|January 31 2013, 7:59 PM |
Now thats what Im talking about!!!
|January 31 2013, 9:54 PM |
Started collecting with Jordans... in college had the 1s to 13s (only good ones), never wore any of them as most of them were too ugly to really wear. Sold them to fund some watches and vacations, started collecting them again.
Sunglasses, straps, watch swag (this has been a really bad addiction), G Shocks,
Yep #23 for all the Shoeheads on here..
|January 31 2013, 10:08 PM |
You're my type of guys! I had one of the biggest collections back in the day, still have some of the vintage stuff. I take them out from time to time, just to admire them (can't wear anything older than 8 yrs or so lol). And don't forget that the 'Nike Air' freethrow dunk III is dropping next week!
We gotta meet up one day, maybe at the gtg? Cheers guys, JY