<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

OT: Austin, TX

February 1 2013 at 11:35 AM
  (Login thsiao)
from IP address 97.90.130.21

A few friends and I will be attending a bachelor's party in Austin, TX in April. I was wondering if anyone could recommend places to visit, restaurants, activities, clubs, sclubs, etc. Much appreciated.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

docfink
(Login docfink)

One of the greatest U.S. cities...

February 1 2013, 12:24 PM 

Try Uchi or Uchiko for some of the best and most unique sushi and Asian food around. Take that Nobu! Check out who's at Austin City Limits for some live music, along with the different bars and small music venues on 6th street.

david

Respond to this message   

(Login JZ365)

+1 for Uchi ! [nt]

February 1 2013, 10:46 PM 

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Cory
(Login spankster23)

6th street downtown...

February 1 2013, 1:21 PM 

Must have 30 clubs/bars on it... Every kind of music from country to full-on goth bars. It something to see (if your into that) wink.gif. Your in Texas so BBQ or Mexican food are always good bets.

Cory

Respond to this message   

(Login coloristi)

Make time to...

February 1 2013, 10:35 PM 

...find yourself in the Library Bar on 6th around Midnight. They know how to blow the roof off that place!

Will
Denver, USA

Respond to this message   

JJ
(Login TrentWalker)

A few of my favorite places in Austin-

February 3 2013, 6:11 AM 

Pre-dinner drinks at Peche downtown. Great "mixology" bar. Nice place to grab a couple cocktails- they make a great sazerac.

For dinner- I second Uchi or Uchiko. Both are great. I would also recommend Lambert's downtown. Have actually dined there a couple times with my wife while a bachelor party was going on at the table next to us. Like a lot of places in Austin- there is live music (it's upstairs at Lambert's) in the restaurant.

Can't recommend any clubs but can recommend Sunday brunch. It's huge in Austin. A bunch of great options- I like the spread at Moonshine.

Enjoy!

Respond to this message   

(Login Subsubsub)

If you like live music

February 6 2013, 7:55 PM 

of course you can go on 6th street but a bit young for me. Mostly students.

On Congress street there is everything i need, japanese and mexican food, and live rock music at Continental Club.

1315 S Congress Ave Austin, TX 78704, √Čtats-Unis

Best from France wink.gif

Hope i'll go again for Austin City Limit.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - OT: Austin, TX
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index