<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

P.3000 movement and the best way to keep it running accurate

March 18 2017 at 3:05 PM

Ferry  (Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi
from IP address 122.177.135.38

I have a PAM372 and normally when using it I wind it up full and let it run for 3 days, most of the time I am on time to re-wind it before it stops.

Automatic watches are normally when you wear them constantly fully wound up and I am wondering what the best way of winding routine.

What would be the best way to keep it running accurate:
-wind it full and followed by rewinding every day
-wind it full and followed by rewinding every second day
-wind it full and followed by rewinding every third day before it runs out of power

I would like to understand what normally would give the best performance and look forward to your input.

Have a great weekend!
Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman living in India, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps
http://paneristi.in

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
J Dodig
(Login jdodig)
Paneristi

I wonder the same...

March 18 2017, 5:35 PM 

My other Panerai (510) is an 8 day movement and i have a weekly day/time that i wind it each week.Now that i have a 3 day movement i was curious as well to what habit will produce the most accuracy. Great question Ferry!

Respond to this message   

dp
(Login fullcourt1)
Paneristi

....i usually rotate my watches and wind them full when I wear them, if i was wearing it

March 18 2017, 6:42 PM 

for a longer time, i would probably wind it every 2 or 3 days

ymmv
[linked image]
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa

'more than just a watch'....

photo pcom111_zpsr9tukx95.jpg

let's have a party....

first here....
photo 299B3D60-1CA4-4942-9911-26DC6C89039B_zpspqyfy9hw.jpg

then here---->
........................................................photo 2CF5623B-28CE-4963-8F5E-532BAC3DBBBE_zpsrmmeaali.jpg........................................................

Respond to this message   
DON
(Login DONAG)
Paneristi

Once per week is fine if not wearing (nt)

March 18 2017, 7:24 PM 

sdeed
3333.JPG

Respond to this message   

Pakal
(Login pakal)
Paneristi

Re: P.3000 movement and the best way to keep it running accurate

March 19 2017, 5:51 AM 

I have a 56 pr 111 and I wind it on mon-wed-fri-sun.
After the initial excitement of winding it (I could have wind it every day just for the pleasure of it) I settled for the above mentioned schedule. Winding it on a daily basis, while beneficial to the accuracy of the watch, may have not been the best for the water resistance of the watch. And since I take it under water almost daily I had to settle for that.
But if you don't have that problem I'd say that winding it on a regular basis to keep it at 80 full may be optimal (just my thought, not scientifically proved ).

Respond to this message   

Gary
(Login gfriedell)
High Heid Yin

My theory is that just like any machine, the more it runs, the faster it will wear out >>>

March 19 2017, 5:38 PM 

require service.

Just like a car, there is wear and tear from the watch running and also from the act of winding. Winding causes friction and wear in the stem and tube among others. Unless you are using a perpetual or other complication that is complex to set I let my watches run down or sit unwound until I wear them. If it's a watch you wear every day or every other day, then wind them according to the power reserve to keep it running. If it's a dress watch you wear once a week for a few hours then set and wind it when you are going to wear it. However, if you dont wear a watch very often it's not a bad idea to give it a bit of power once a week or so to keep the lubrication well distributed. I don't know scientifically if this is true, but it seems sensible to me.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index