<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

OT: visiting NYC next week...

April 11 2017 at 9:27 PM

PiterM  (Login PiterM)
Paneristi
from IP address 37.47.5.29

Hi! Well, it seems I'll be in New York end of next week! Should be fun, right?

So... any must-visit places for a Paneristi? I'd gladly follow your suggestions, I'm sure there are some NYC 'ristis here, tell me!

THANKS!
Piter
PS. yeah, for sure BH Photo store wink.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mike
(Login mlcdmd)
Paneristi

Gotta stop at the mother ship

April 11 2017, 10:41 PM 

All the major boutiques are on Madison avenue and are all walking distance.

That's a must!

Where are you staying? give us the neighborhood or cross streets and we can give you a line on some cool spots near where you'll be.

Anyone in the area wanna try to do a drink or quick bite?

Mike...NYC. My collection so far is a 312 and some cool straps.

Respond to this message   

DesmoFan
(Login DesmoFan)
Paneristi

You know I'm in...

April 11 2017, 11:07 PM 

Let's make it happen

Respond to this message   

Gary
(Login gfriedell)
High Heid Yin

Panerai >>>

April 11 2017, 11:36 PM 

Is on Madison between 62nd and 63rd. A little farther uptown than most of the watch boutiques. Near there is also Goyard where you can find a new backpack to test wink.gif

I'm not local to NYC, but know a few spots to suggest

Lange is North a few blocks at 785 Madison. Be sure to say hi to Lindsey there! The AP boutique is great on 57th between Madison and Park. Some people have complained of aloof salespeople, but they have been very friendly when I've stopped in. Wempe, Cellini, Tourneau are all nearby. Rolex (Wempe) Boutique and Patek is in Tiffany and Wempe.

Then there is the Diamond District on 47th street. Ton's of pre-owned and grey market watches to see there.

If you are looking for outdoor equipment/supply type stores there are several in SOHO. (REI, Patagonia, Snow Peak, Burton, G-Shock, etc.) The Leica boutique is also in SOHO if you want to pick up a new SL and a few lenses. happy.gifhappy.gif

If you want American workwear type stuff (Levi, Red Wing, Lee, Carhartt, etc.) try Dave's New York. 6th Ave between 16th and 17th.

Then of course there's the food........
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
panerik
(Login panerik)
Paneristi

LOL!! 😂😂 (nt)

April 12 2017, 6:17 AM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

PiterM
(Login PiterM)
Paneristi

boutique...

April 12 2017, 2:52 PM 

Any suggestion who'd be the best person to ask in the boutique? I'd surely like to try some pieces just not sure if my wallet would approve any purchase wink.gif

Respond to this message   
panerik
(Login panerik)
Paneristi

Ask for Weston...

April 12 2017, 11:42 PM 

He is excellent...Louis is great as well...
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

PiterM
(Login PiterM)
Paneristi

thanks! I'll stay...

April 11 2017, 11:57 PM 

Thanks guys! Panerai place, sure! Also Arc'teryx store in SOHO is a must. Some good ideas here, thanks!

I'll stay super close to Empire State Building so should be close everywhere.

I'll be with some guys so meeting in the evening can be quite challenging (at least before 10PM) but during lunch time - anywhere, anytime! I'll stay in NY Fri to Sun happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login mlcdmd)
Paneristi

Try these

April 12 2017, 12:52 AM 

Near your hotel: Cask for dinner. Near 33 street and park avenue. Middle branch (across the street, no sign, host the address on the door) for after dinner drinks, then insomnia bakery around the corner for late night fresh baked cookies - with little bottles of milk in the coolers!

If you're into burgers, try minetta tavern in Greenwich village. Crazy expensive, I think close to thirty bucks for that burger, but excellent. Custom blended beef from a celebrity butcher...They exist. And a really cool old time place. They also have roasted bone marrow, excellent!

I also recommend (and this is weird) Scott's pizza tour. It's a walking tour of famous pizzerias downtown with samples and history of the places. It's on trip advisor....imagine going into a watch shop with one of us. This dude knows hood stuff. Like oven temperature, dough thickness. Etc.

I'd also recommend the cloisters, part of the metropolitan museum of art, but across the river. Great location to shoot photos. Also walk the high line park.

Panerik is usually the go to lunch guy.

Let's see what we can arrange
Mike...NYC. My collection so far is a 312 and some cool straps.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index