<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Panerai Strap - Cashmere sport model

April 12 2017 at 11:00 AM
Brad  (Login McBeardy)
Paneristi
from IP address 167.98.27.90

Hi guys, just a quick question as I know one of the members on here has this particular strap - Cashmere Gold OEM Panerai one, which is branded as their waterproof sport leather strap. Unfortunately me searching the Panerai website always leads me frustrated.

Does anyone know if this strap comes in an additional colour, more darker than the gold at all?

Also an update, think I'm swaying now back to the 372 as my 1st Pam, compared to the SubC which I almost bought. Dealer still has the SubC waiting for me, but feel I need to get the Pam whilst I can.

Thanks Brad

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ferry
(Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi

Patina comes by wearing

April 12 2017, 12:53 PM 

The Cashmere Calf is a fantastic strap and I was far as I know not in another color available.

The color of the strap becomes over time darker and develops a nice patina.

This strap would look fantastic on a 372, I believe this strap was actually part of the standard straps that came with the Fiddy.
Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps

www.paneristi.nl

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Brad
(Login McBeardy)
Paneristi

Re: Patina comes by wearing

April 12 2017, 3:25 PM 

Thanks Ferry, didn't know that one come with the Fiddy as standard. Appreciate the Patina will happen over time. Glad that it does become darker.

Respond to this message   
panerik
(Login panerik)
Paneristi

This is...

April 12 2017, 1:27 PM 

#soohisticatedrogue strap you are talking about...yes it has developed a beautiful patina through saltwater wear, oil, sweat, etc...it really holds up very well and gets better with time...

As Ferry said, there is no darker sister strap, but I think the Buffalo Calf would be the closest in texture (I know you said you were looking for darker)...not sure how it would look on the 372...

Are you looking for good suggestions of OEM straps that work with the 372? I think the Ranger and the cashmere gold are the two best OEM options (I think you want a 26/26 strap as opposed to a 26/22)...

There are a zillion aftermarket strap optioms that will look amazing...

Let me know and I can give you some suggestions...

Here's hoping you go with the 372!!
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Brad
(Login McBeardy)
Paneristi

Re: This is...

April 12 2017, 3:29 PM 

Thanks Panerik, yes Noah/ Sohisticatedrogue strap is the one I've seen on instagram.

Glad that it will also darken and patina over time.

I'd preferably prefer OEM staps, yet I do know there are loads of aftermarket ones available.

Ideally I like something that I could wear for all activities and for it to last (guess how the above has been) I do like the OEM ranger that comes with the 372, but not so keen on the unburnished sides (which I doubt would work will swimming ect)

I'll let you know how the hunting goes.

Brad

Respond to this message   

Gregesq
(Login Gregesq)
Paneristi

Heresy

April 12 2017, 3:45 PM 

But if you're impatient, you can help the patina along with leather conditinoer. Such as what Micah gives you when you buy one of his straps. There's lots of other stuff too if you don't want to wait for natural weathering.
Anyway, happy hunting.
201/A-217-249-339-368-372-449-508-587

Respond to this message   
Carl
(Login carlscott)

Cashmere Gold

April 12 2017, 4:14 PM 

Hi Brad
Great choice in strap.
I purchased this cashmere gold in 26/26 from my local agent. (Yes it is the one form the 127)
Like you I have the 372 and the strap looks amazing on the watch.
I also wear it on my 587 and again looks great.
Another option is the calf brown beige with the logo like on the Ponte Vecchio strap or the Ponte Vecchio itself sets the watch off well. only listing these options as you stated that you prefer the OEM straps rather than other non OEM options...
kind regards Carl

Respond to this message   
Brad
(Login McBeardy)
Paneristi

Re: Cashmere Gold

April 12 2017, 4:29 PM 

Thanks Carl,

Those with the logo come on the later MM dial model didn't they? Those aren't as far as I know ideal for swimming ect. If so great, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

I do like the assolutamente that comes with the newer 372, but again understand not ideal for swimming/ sport acts.

Basically I'm probably after an OEM equivalent to the Bruno diver, a strap good very all usage, if one exists. But the catch being I prefer the slight darker colours (brown/ tan) than the lighter gold options.

If though as people have mentioned this does darker and age/ patina then great.

Cheekily you don't have any pics of your current strap do you?

Thanks Brad

Respond to this message   

Ferry
(Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi

My Cashmere I had for my 329

April 12 2017, 5:16 PM 

Here a pic of my Cashmere, this was my first OEM leather strap I bought for my PAM329, I was a but dissapointed at that time as the OP Boutique had only two strap choices left, the Cashmere and a black leather strap.

First I thought it was too light in color and the strap actually ended up in a pouch and not wearing it till the time I saw pics of fellow Paneristi with their Cashmere strap and started using it. This strap is f@cking magic! The straps is getting more and more character within a few months. unfortunately I did not enjoy this strap long, my 329 was constantly at the service centers and in the end taken back by OP, now I only have 47mm Panerai watches...

[linked image]
Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps

www.paneristi.nl

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
M.
(Login speedbird3)

372 on Cashmere

April 13 2017, 12:09 AM 

To give you an idea.

This is one of the best OEM strap in the Panerai catalogue. Very stylish and comfortable. A Must to be included in any collection.

[linked image]
••••••
Tempus Fugit...

Respond to this message   
M.
(Login speedbird3)

Here's the photo

April 13 2017, 12:31 AM 

[linked image]
••••••
Tempus Fugit...

Respond to this message   
N-I-C-K
(Login N-I-C-K)
Paneristi

Old and New Cashmere on 372

April 14 2017, 3:50 AM 

Here are shots of a 372 both on a brand new Cashmere and on a Cashmere I had for several years, just to show the two extremes of Cashmere and give you an idea of how it will age over time. If you're afraid the color is too light for your taste, just wear it awhile and it will definitely darken up.

Cashmere is one of the best, if not THE best, PAM OEM straps IMO, as others here have duly noted.

N-I-C-K

IMG_1671

IMG_1668

IMG_1656

IMG_1670

IMG_1682

IMG_1685

IMG_1702

IMG_1674

IMG_1673

IMG_1676

IMG_1705

Respond to this message   
Brad
(Login McBeardy)
Paneristi

Re: Old and New Cashmere on 372

April 24 2017, 7:17 PM 

Thanks Nick,

The old start, definitely looks more up my street. How long did it take to age like that?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index